Really weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden17

I don’t know what my beardie’s doing, he was kind of twisting his head up and around and opening his mouth really wide and now he’s just dragging himself on the ground. I figure the dragging might be him trying to shed but I don’t know? He also had his beard out while he was twisting his head. It didn’t look like head bobbing.

Camden17

Original Poster
Camden17":34zmhgao said:
I don’t know what my beardie’s doing, he was kind of twisting his head up and around and opening his mouth really wide and now he’s just dragging himself on the ground. I figure the dragging might be him trying to shed but I don’t know? He also had his beard out while he was twisting his head. It didn’t look like head bobbing.

Now that I’m looking he’s definitely shedding on his belly, but I’m still worried about the head moving thing. He is also shedding on his beard, is it normal for them to put their beard out when they are shedding there?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Sounds like your dragon is shedding. The motion you are describing sounds like he is trying to loosen the skin on his beard.
These little critters will worry you to a frazzle sometimes, lol!!!

Camden17

Original Poster
Sounds like your dragon is shedding. The motion you are describing sounds like he is trying to loosen the skin on his beard.
These little critters will worry you to a frazzle sometimes, lol!!!

Yes thank you! I got nervous because when I was googling what he was doing seizures kept coming up but after I posted this he had a huge piece of skin come off so looks like he’s alright :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Mine will drag their bellies across the tile to get the shed off -- you might want to mist him to help loosen the shed and take a baby soft toothbrush when it starts to peel - it will help w/ the itch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom