Really long urate, over an inch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Vynnyn goes twice a day unfortunatey, last night he had a normal poo with normal urate and water around it. Then this morning he seemed kinda fat and I was worried because it was close to noon before he went and when I saw it I almost freaked. The urate was well over an inch long, probably an inch and a half. When I cleaned it, the very end that first came out was narrow and slightly firm then softened to mush. I guess he could have been a little dehydrated, but is this normal on occasion? What would cause it to be so long? I didn't even dust his crickets yesterday. No pm's and no roaches either. Extreme over digestion? He was in the yard in the real sun for a couple hours yesterday. I didn't think of it earlier, but I hope he didnt eat a yard lizard. Uck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does happen sometimes though. How much calcium do you use for him?
If the urates were not hard, then, he should not be dehydrated. If they were too hard then, that is when he needs some more moisture. Did he appear to strain when he went to the bathroom?

Tracie

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I didn't see him go, but I think he normally goes earlier, so its possible he strained. The urate was skinnier and firmer than normal, and pinkish at the thin end. The poo afterwards was a bit watery and soft. He is a juvie and is eating a good amount of collards & squash daily so I have been putting the calcium on them instead of the insects. The calcium is Zoo Med with no D3. I was actually worried about him earlier in the day because he didn't seem like he felt good. Afterwards he was back to his usual self. I'll see what happens today, if he does it again, it can't be good. Thanks for the reply, Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom