Ratio of Calcium/Multivitamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Just wanted to double check something the breeder said vs online with vitamins and calcium ratios.

I've got a bottle of Reptivite from ZooMed and I believe I was told to dust crickets daily with it. Online people are saying multivitamin twice a week, light calcium dust (only calcium) the other five days. Just wanted to double check the best way, I've got a 1 month old and I want to make sure he grows up strong. The calcium is ZooMed ReptiCalcium.

I also saw some conversations on this forum about Rep-Cal Herptivite, which was supposedly healthier and didn't contain vitamin A. Any advice on that? Should I swap this in instead of the ZooMed multivitamin?

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
D 3 should be fed up until a year then depending on the UVB your using the calcium should be fed w/ out D3 NO phosphorus --- the vitamins should have beta carotene and fed 2 x per week ONCE per feeding on both supplements lightly coated

RealNeoMc2

Original Poster
Ok, so the current 5 times (dusting in the morning only) calcium and the other days (like maybe Monday and Thursday morning) dust with multivitamin is an ok plan until he reaches another month or two? I can't remember the exact point they are regarded as "teens" and eventually "adults" offhand.

So the D3 is ok at the moment because he is a growing dragon. Once he hits adult, no D3 calcium because the idea is he only needs as much as he thinks he needs (and will sun himself accordingly)?

I've got the normal ReptiSun T5 HO 24W bulbs everyone says to get. The breeder said that was the ideal combo.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes w/ you using the T 5 you will need to cut back on the D3 - you will want to give the calcium w/ NO D3 No phosphorus alternating on the insects - like 3 times a week w/out the D3 - 2 days the w/ D3-- you will probably want to alternate weeks because the insect feeding should be cut back to 2-3 days per week if your dragon is eating good salads the vitamins can be given here and there this is after hes a yr old but since hes not a yr keep up w / the D3 for now and the vitamins you want him off to a good start and that first yr is important - the T 5 is a good UVB so its gonna compliment the calcium - I have stuck w/ giving vitamins on the weekends as mine are not very good veggie eaters so I alternate during the week w/ the calciums -- I will feed one day of the vitamins on the weekend of insects - so they are getting vitamins --

RealNeoMc2

Original Poster
What kinds of vegetables should I let him into at his age (like 1 month to 1.5 months old)? He is absolutely annihilating dandelion greens, but haven't gotten any interest yet for shredded carrot or pumpkin.

RealNeoMc2

Original Poster
Oh I know beautifuldragons.com, used it for my first guy. I was asking what kind of things you've seen work well for your critters. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
each dragon has his own taste -- you will haft to try different things for him --- most like collard greens but if hes eating those dandelion greens that is really good -- mine like turnip and collard greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom