Rapashy 3 in 1? (Pic inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I use repti calcium with D3 a intern at the vet suggested to use rapashy 3 in 1 would this be acceptable? It's calcium with some other vitamins in it I believe and powder form so I can dust bugs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708-144146.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708-144146.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 102

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use repti calcium with D3 a intern at the vet suggested to use rapashy 3 in 1 would this be acceptable? It's calcium with some other vitamins in it I believe and powder form so I can dust bugs
I would think so - is it calcium d3 in it or regular calcium?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Repashy as I have understood it is a pretty good supplement overall. I personally prefer to give
calcium separately with giving vitamins, etc alone. A lot of times, it is convenient to give a mix with
both vitamins & calcium. The problem often lies with the amounts & many times they get an overload
of one thing, but not enough of another.
In this case, there is synthetic vitamin A & synthetic vitamin D both of which are fat soluble & are stored
in the body thus over time can become toxic. If you are going to give this supplement, I would recommend
giving only 1 or 2 times max, per week.
If you can, give a calcium only supplement for him to be sure he gets enough of calcium & not simply an
overload of D3 & other things.

Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

The Repashy as I have understood it is a pretty good supplement overall. I personally prefer to give
calcium separately with giving vitamins, etc alone. A lot of times, it is convenient to give a mix with
both vitamins & calcium. The problem often lies with the amounts & many times they get an overload
of one thing, but not enough of another.
In this case, there is synthetic vitamin A & synthetic vitamin D both of which are fat soluble & are stored
in the body thus over time can become toxic. If you are going to give this supplement, I would recommend
giving only 1 or 2 times max, per week.
If you can, give a calcium only supplement for him to be sure he gets enough of calcium & not simply an
overload of D3 & other things.

Tracie
Hmm I have strictly calcium with D3 from "repti calcium" both beardies enjoy it BUT I did notice Amber didn't enjoy the rapashy at all. She downright refused to eat anything it was coated on even her fav Butterworms didn't do the trick. Would you perhaps have a suggestion on what I can give safely? Should I stick with just the calcium D3 and maybe get separate vitamins I can also sprinkle on bugs? I just want them both to be safe happy & healthy and if I gotta add a combo of things I will

Attachments

• IMG_20220713_122106.jpg
    IMG_20220713_122106.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 56

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Ruby won't eat anything dusted, so the trick i use is i give her treat bugs (hornworms) I wet just the bottom and carefully set the worm in the calcium or vitamins so lots stick to it and just make sure she doesn't see it. When its vitamin day i mix the calcium and vitamins together on case sge figures it out i still get both into her :cool:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Isn't it AMAZING the lengths we will go to, to keep them healthy and happy lol

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Hmm I have strictly calcium with D3 from "repti calcium" both beardies enjoy it BUT I did notice Amber didn't enjoy the rapashy at all. She downright refused to eat anything it was coated on even her fav Butterworms didn't do the trick. Would you perhaps have a suggestion on what I can give safely? Should I stick with just the calcium D3 and maybe get separate vitamins I can also sprinkle on bugs? I just want them both to be safe happy & healthy and if I gotta add a combo of things I will
Repcal Herptivite would be my recommendation for a separate vitamin. It has beta carotene instead of vitamin A. The dragon synthesizes the vitamin A from the beta carotene, and any excess that isn't used is excreted so there isn't really chance of overdose. Also, if your UVB is good, the d3 is probably only needed maybe twice a week and use calcium without d3 4-5 times a week. I do one bug feeding and three salads with calcium no d3 a week, and one bug feeding and one salad with d3 and vitamins a week.

My understanding of the Repashy all in one is that it's is supposed to be a low enough dose of those vitamins that it is safe to use for all dustings without risk of overdose, but I personally would rather not take the chance. Plus I like the ability to adjust them separately if I needed to for any reason.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Repcal Herptivite would be my recommendation for a separate vitamin. It has beta carotene instead of vitamin A. The dragon synthesizes the vitamin A from the beta carotene, and any excess that isn't used is excreted so there isn't really chance of overdose. Also, if your UVB is good, the d3 is probably only needed maybe twice a week and use calcium without d3 4-5 times a week. I do one bug feeding and three salads with calcium no d3 a week, and one bug feeding and one salad with d3 and vitamins a week.

My understanding of the Repashy all in one is that it's is supposed to be a low enough dose of those vitamins that it is safe to use for all dustings without risk of overdose, but I personally would rather not take the chance. Plus I like the ability to adjust them separately if I needed to for any reason.
I'll have to grab that thank you!!

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ruby won't eat anything dusted, so the trick i use is i give her treat bugs (hornworms) I wet just the bottom and carefully set the worm in the calcium or vitamins so lots stick to it and just make sure she doesn't see it. When its vitamin day i mix the calcium and vitamins together on case sge figures it out i still get both into her :cool:
My beardies have np taking the calcium but this new rapashy isn't something she likes (Amber) never seen her spit her food out before

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What vitamins do you use? I don't put anything on their greens due to them not eating it. So I tend to just dust bugs which they are fine with I do have questions about perhaps making calcium/bee pollen mixed in a misting bottle. Was hoping with mixing the powder I can "mist" their greens like I always do

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster

Just wanted to give you a shout-out about the vitamin you suggested my beardies actually liked it unlike the rapashy appreciate it

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom