Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankinmama

We have two rankins both between 8-12 months I think. The girl we have had about 4 months and the boy a monthS the girl is great big appetite very active especially when given food. She is currently 54 g. The boy is the problem: when we got him the person said he may be entering into brumation. He ate a few bugs a day for the first week but gradually started sleeping more and more and at this point will sleep all day long unless we take him out. Really worried he's sick at this point and not brumating. Realizing probably too young for brumation. He is constantly burying himself or going in one of the caves. Eyes super squinty when he is awake which unless I take him out to try and feed him or give him a bath he won't come out. He came to us at 41 g and yesterday was 31 g. Already left my phone number with a vet.... but does anyone know what could be wrong? Very worried about him. I did syringe feed him some Pangea with insect powder food because he won't eat bugs or fruits or vegetables. That was just once today. And I fed him 4 wax works by prying his mouth open a slip and then placing it with tongues on his tongue. Not sure if this is advisable or not... 150w uvb. Has basking bulb and ledge to bask. Tank is like 60 gallon I think.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that your little guy is having this trouble. Can you post pics of him and also the enclosure ? Did this Rankin come from a different breeder than the female ? Are they together, if so it's best to separate since he seems sick [ losing 10 grams is a pretty big deal ] Syringe feeding is good, especially for hydration but avoid the assist feeding of a fatty insect like wwaxworms, that can make him sick. He may have parasites but that's just a guess, hopefully your vet can help him out !

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We all love pictures! Are yo using a good UVB light?
I would consider getting a fecal done on him, to be sure he doesn't have a high level of worms or parasites
causing him to lose weight. Hopefully the vet calls back soon.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom