Rango

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Ok. Well I know for sure Rango is a female now. The pour thing looks so uncomfortable. How do I take care of her while she lays her eggs? Please help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Danielle, do you have a laybox for her ? If not you can go on Youtube to see how to set one up. If she's very restless that's normal so just be sure she has a laybox or even in an emergency you can stuff her cave or hide with shredded newspaper for her to dig in.

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Yes I have a box. She has already laid 12 eggs and still going. I just didn't know if there's anything else I can do to make her more comfortable? Or do I just leave her alone and go on about my business?

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Yes just leave her alone, when she's done she might take a while to cover them up but when she's done you can give her a 5 minute warm soak so she can drink after you're sure she's warmed up.
just a question regarding this, do all female beardies lays eggs even if not fertilized? I know my turtle lays eggs every year and shes never met a male idk if beardies do the same, and when/if they do what about the age that they start laying them?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yes females will lay without a male. Around twp to 3 is about where they can start.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yes I have a box. She has already laid 12 eggs and still going. I just didn't know if there's anything else I can do to make her more comfortable? Or do I just leave her alone and go on about my business?
Make sure to give her lots of calcium for the first week or so after she is done, laying saps it outta the mother.

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
just a question regarding this, do all female beardies lays eggs even if not fertilized? I know my turtle lays eggs every year and shes never met a male idk if beardies do the same, and when/if they do what about the age that they start laying them?
Yes they do but they have to have a male for them to be fertile. Rango is a little over 2 years old and this is the first time she has laid.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom