Rango at the river

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
Rango at the river

I went camping. I didn't have anyone to keep Rango so I take her with me. Now I have a small tank with all the heat bulbs and everything. So she wasn't just roaming around with no heat. But like I do everyday I took her out and and put her in the river sand. She walked around her a minute and found a spot and laid down and began to dig. Do all bearded dragon do this?
IMG_20221106_101621783.jpg
IMG_20221106_101612205.jpg

daniellehutto

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rango
If not all most will, especially females, but makes dig as well. It's fun enrichment for them.
But this poor thing I felt so bad, she sat there for 2 hours doing this. I thought it was what shes going to do in her dig box or whatever. But after 2 hours I couldn't help but notice she would dig for a few seconds and then stop and take long deep breaths and u can tell Rango was exhausted. I finally picked her up and washed the dirt out of her eyes and she never went back to that whole

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm guessing just something new, so once she had done her thing it's on to the next lol 😆. When they are not stressed or scared beardies are pretty inquisitive little creatures.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
From domesticated to her original roots (ugh- at the end of the day, their animals and they know best)- says the person who would totally be in the hole with a flashlight and screaming!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom