Random freak out

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi, so I was just sitting in my room, and I heard some noises and my little guy was black bearding like pitch black head bobbing and running into the glass, I wasn’t sure what was happening so I picked him up but he would not stop head bobbing at EVERYTHING and was sprinting around and this lasted for about 5 mins until I gave him a soak to calm him down, he’s all good now, but does anyone know what this could have been about???? My brother things maybe the thunder or wind scared him because it’s storming but this has never happened before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, so I was just sitting in my room, and I heard some noises and my little guy was black bearding like pitch black head bobbing and running into the glass, I wasn’t sure what was happening so I picked him up but he would not stop head bobbing at EVERYTHING and was sprinting around and this lasted for about 5 mins until I gave him a soak to calm him down, he’s all good now, but does anyone know what this could have been about???? My brother things maybe the thunder or wind scared him because it’s storming but this has never happened before.
No he thought he saw another dragon - his reflection stressed him out- please don't let him see his reflection any more

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
No he thought he saw another dragon - his reflection stressed him out- please don't let him see his reflection any more
I don’t have any mirrors in my room at all, and I have most of the glass covered so there’s less reflection, and he’s went a couple months in this new cage and there’s been no problem with his reflection before, and I even took him out of the cage into a different room and she was still freaking out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I don’t have any mirrors in my room at all, and I have most of the glass covered so there’s less reflection, and he’s went a couple months in this new cage and there’s been no problem with his reflection before, and I even took him out of the cage into a different room and she was still freaking out.
The head bobbing is a mating thing along w/ the black bearding - so he was in the tank? It could of been the storm that scared him then - I thought he was in front of a mirror and saw his reflection

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
My guy hears the woodpecker and other birds outside his window, and black beards.
They are pretty cognizant about being prey.
I have no idea how to turn off the nature sounds outdoors, but I get how this can be scary.
Black construction paper taped to any reflection surface can also be helpful.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
More light in the room can also help dim reflections (courtesy of Axil in a different thread 😀)

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
More light in the room can also help dim reflections (courtesy of Axil in a different thread 😀)
Oh ok, that’s actually great info!!! my lights in my room aren’t that bright so I’ll have to change them.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom