random banner?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok this may sound weird but im sitting at my comp staring at my fave forum when suddenly i noticed that the banner at the top has two very very nice pics of BD's (not that wierd i hear you say) and then a pic of some ducklins????(ahh yes i see it now very weird, i hear you say) why??? i dont mean to be rude to whoever made the banner its very nice, just struck me as a bit odd. anyone who can shed some light or even just make me laugh please reply so i can get some sleep!!!
matt

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
:lol: That question pops up every once in a while and as far as I know there was no reason.It was a random picture taken for spring/summer theme I think.Besides they are cute so why not :mrgreen:

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
This one is cute but I agree the baby ducks seemed a little out of place at first..... It does have a spring-time feel to it now that you mention it......there are some really creative people on this site....could a new banner be a contest and have people vote on a new one???? Just a thought.... :?:

kirby

Extreme Poster
i like the banner competition idea.

give us the image or fint for the bd.org and the size requirments..

and for a week or two each month, swap it to the contest winner and have their name in the bottom or something?

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
BetMiddler":b65d8 said:
yeah this sounds good glad i mentioned it now. let the competition begin...

I think the moderators/administrator have to make a certain thread for that, Right?????? I'm sure it's alot more work than it seems to get that organized and approved. I'm sure they'll let us know....

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved from General Discussion forum to here so Alex would see it. :wink:]

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah, I put the ducklings in there for a late "spring" theme, but never got to making a newer banner. The ducks are in my condo complex. :)

As for new banners... a competition would be interesting. Maybe something like the top 2 or 3, but 1-2 weeks at a time. I would certainly have some rules about the entries. For one, I require that the beardies be at the top left. Those are actually the same beardie. It's Cailyth, my male. He was my first beardie and the reason I started the site originally.

But since I know many people can't do the animated GIF thing, I could set dimensions for the left side and attach it to the left image myself for everyone who entered one.

I'm going to move this thread into Website Comments. I check that regularly, and will often miss topics in General Discussion. I only found out about this one because one of the mods pointed it out to me. :) ... Oh... looks like it was already moved by Diane. :)

-Alex

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
beardie":ceb2f said:
Yeah, I put the ducklings in there for a late "spring" theme, but never got to making a newer banner. The ducks are in my condo complex. :)

As for new banners... a competition would be interesting. Maybe something like the top 2 or 3, but 1-2 weeks at a time. I would certainly have some rules about the entries. For one, I require that the beardies be at the top left. Those are actually the same beardie. It's Cailyth, my male. He was my first beardie and the reason I started the site originally.

But since I know many people can't do the animated GIF thing, I could set dimensions for the left side and attach it to the left image myself for everyone who entered one.

I'm going to move this thread into Website Comments. I check that regularly, and will often miss topics in General Discussion. I only found out about this one because one of the mods pointed it out to me. :) ... Oh... looks like it was already moved by Diane. :)

-Alex

Thanks for being open-minded Alex, I didn't mean to make more work for you......I posted the competition idea before I really thought about what it would take to make it happen. Sorry. :oops:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
No worries. It's a good idea. Not as much work for me to just put images together as it would be for me to come up with a new banner on my own. So, in a way, it can help get some change in place with less work needed from me. :)

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom