Ragnar

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
My bearded dragon is still in brumation he has been in it for 14 and a half weeks is he okay and can I wake him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is still in brumation he has been in it for 14 and a half weeks is he okay and can I wake him?
Typically they can brumate for 3 months - so hes a little over the 3 month mark - I would start waking him up - offer water and food - he may not eat much tho and it takes time for them to get their appetites back

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
How would I do that? I have offered him food when he has been awake for a few days but doesn't eat them. He was coming out for a heat once a week then going back under his hide to sleep. Should I take his hide away? Any advice would be appreciated as it's the first time he has done it as he is only 18 months old.

Thank 😊 you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How would I do that? I have offered him food when he has been awake for a few days but doesn't eat them. He was coming out for a heat once a week then going back under his hide to sleep. Should I take his hide away? Any advice would be appreciated as it's the first time he has done it as he is only 18 months old.

Thank 😊 you
So are all his lights on? I wouldnt take his hide away--- lets ask AHBD about this
@AHBD

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
All his lights are on and we turned the heat back up yesterday. Aww thank you :)

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
His lights are only on 10 hours should I put them back to 14 hours? I took this picture of him the other day when he was awake getting heat. I will send it to you.

Attachments

• 20230108_161756.jpg
    20230108_161756.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230108_161736.jpg
    20230108_161736.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230108_161727.jpg
    20230108_161727.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230106_150448.jpg
    20230106_150448.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
His lights are only on 10 hours should I put them back to 14 hours? I took this picture of him the other day when he was awake getting heat. I will send it to you.
So your basking bulb is really close- it should be at least 6 inches above him- I would put it at 12 hrs let's see what ahbd recommends

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
It is 6 inches away as we measured it to make sure the last time someone said it was too close. The bulb is up inside the lamp. Okay dokey :) thank you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of the entire tank ? He looks healthy so he will probably get back to normal soon. And yes, definitely get the heat lamp further away, it's much too close.

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Do I need to do anything? Like turn his heat up more put his light on longer? I just gave him some water there and he had a good bit. He doesn't know how to drink out a bowl so I have to drop it on his nose lol. I have turned his log around so it's lower at his basking spot. He is in this viv just now till we get his new one up and running. Will send a picture of them both. The one he is in just now is just standered

Attachments

• 20230111_152233.jpg
    20230111_152233.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230111_152243.jpg
    20230111_152243.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 65

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good that he drank, my dragons also use the " drip method " for drinking. He may be getting ready to come out on his own soon but if he doesn't do so within the next month you can put his cave log upside down so that should prompt him to abandon his sleeping quarters for the season. :)

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
He drinks every 2 days or so :) he has been really good with that. So should I just leave him for now? We put his heat back up yesterday should I turn it back down? And leave his lights to 10 hours or up it too 12 hours? It's stressing me out cause it's the first time he has done it lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He drinks every 2 days or so :) he has been really good with that. So should I just leave him for now? We put his heat back up yesterday should I turn it back down? And leave his lights to 10 hours or up it too 12 hours? It's stressing me out cause it's the first time he has done it lol
I would put everything back like normal except go w/ the 12 hrs basking - I would raise the basking light it looks so close- use your digital probe thermometer- to get your surface basking temps--

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
I have this that puts the lights on and off I don't know how it would work with the 2 different times for the basking and uv. My surfing basking spot is sitting at 38 degrees right now.

Attachments

• 20230111_161618.jpg
    20230111_161618.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 64

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom