Quick Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
I'm pretty positive Lloyd has been seeing his reflection in his tank and that hasn't been helping with his aggressiveness. so I put cardboard on the three sides. is this safe to do?
20121210_140704.jpg

Kajolic

Juvie Member
That is alright to do, if it gets wet or soiled replace it. Other than that, Bearded Dragon's feel more secure when they can feel safe in a "Cave" and only worry about what is in front of them/their Viv, so it will be a plus to make your Beardie feel for secure as well as less aggressive towards his reflection.

Could buy the plastic cardboard you can find with the yard signs at any hardware store, might look better to the eye. Even fish tank backgrounds would be nice if you find a nice desert themed one.

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
great thank you! this is just a temporary fix because I'm saving up for a really nice new custom viv.:) meanwhile I hope this helps calm him down

Kajolic

Juvie Member
That would defeat the purpose of hiding the reflection off the glass if you put it on the outside of the tank...

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
Hmm. I wouldn't think so cuz people put paper or backgrounds outside to save the same purpose. But okay;)

Kajolic

Juvie Member
More so to block on light from the outside of a glass tank or to provide security. Background usually for personal eye appeal.

In this case the Bearded Dragon is seeing his reflection on the glass from the light emitting from the inside of the tank, as glass acts a mirror when light emitted from the inside the greater than the light upside the tank, in order to prevent this mirror effect you need to place a non-reflective object, this case cardboard, in front of the reflective surface, the glass.

Christine1125

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can anyone recommend a good enclosure I could purchase for my dragon? One that has walls on the 3 sides instead of glass. I'm not very good at diy jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom