Quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapNYC

When is a dragon considered a ripe age to start breeding for male and female. and when should you retire your dragon from breeding

Deemac6

Juvie Member
iirc they recommend a female to be two years old before you start breeding, if you want info you can pm, wolfmantom or spyder

Seiryu

Hatchling Member
So you have a website for breeding dragons and you don't even know what age they should be breeding and when they should retire? That is kind of scary. That is one of the most common knowledge things out there in regards to breeding. I am sorry that I sound harsh, but I don't think you should be breeding yet if you didn't already know that information.

SnapNYC

Original Poster
Seiryu":1rqavv0r said:
So you have a website for breeding dragons and you don't even know what age they should be breeding and when they should retire? That is kind of scary. That is one of the most common knowledge things out there in regards to breeding. I am sorry that I sound harsh, but I don't think you should be breeding yet if you didn't already know that information.

i bred my older dragons which are two and three years of age and i adopted them at appropriate ages but my two younger dragons i know the earliest you can breed them is coming up to their second birthday. i would rather a second opinion in case I'm wrong.

SnapNYC

Original Poster
also i know that dragons should be retired around 5 years of age but again i would rather a second oppinion. i also shipped dragons to ohio and las vegas already and they arrived safe and sound so i know how to ship them properly. its not like i have no knowledge of anything and havent done extensive research. i would just rather have a proffessional oppinion to add on just in case some part of my research was faulty.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
SnapNYC":2zrawm7g said:
Seiryu":2zrawm7g said:

i bred my older dragons which are two and three years of age and i adopted them at appropriate ages but my two younger dragons i know the earliest you can breed them is coming up to their second birthday. i would rather a second opinion in case I'm wrong.
You can safely breed a male as early as 9 months old and typically females at 14-18 months old (some breed as early as 12 months old but im against that)

SnapNYC":2zrawm7g said:
also i know that dragons should be retired around 5 years of age but again i would rather a second oppinion. i also shipped dragons to ohio and las vegas already and they arrived safe and sound so i know how to ship them properly. its not like i have no knowledge of anything and havent done extensive research. i would just rather have a proffessional oppinion to add on just in case some part of my research was faulty.

Retirement age all depends on your dragon. You will need to take ques from your dragons and see how they react each year from breeding. Essentially you can breed a male its entire life because it doesnt take much to produce sperm, its the female you want to keep an eye on and see how hard it is for her to bounce back after producing eggs and see if it starts taking more out of her. Also, if you want to truly increase the age that your female can breed to only breed her every other season. This will greatly lengthen her breeding age and her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom