Quick question about mating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
today i observed my male and female doing the freak nasty..so i let them finish and seperated them..now does this mean she will be fertile or does it take more than one try at freak nasty..just not clear on this..and i thought it was kinda late in the year for this..but its what i wanted so its all good..

camguy

um im pretty new to the world of bearded dragons also and i also intend to try to breed my beardies but i have this pretty informative book and also a friend thats an expert and im pretty sure that she is fertile after the first time but i suggest u let her lay the eggs and see, and if they are not fertile try again :)... thats all i know and i hope this helps you and the best of luck to you and your beardies

babiiboo

How Old Is Your Female?
Because My Female Is About A Year And A Few Monthes Im Not To Sure On how old she is becasuse i adopted her from a ladie and i dont remember how old she was and i just wanted to no if she is the right age to mate?

BIGDBREEDER

Original Poster
my female is 19 months or 20 months at 18 months they are ready to breed..so..i also have heard of breeding as young as 8 months but thats just not healthy for your female..and mating is hard on them and could result in death..

camguy

Yah its best to wait to breed your females until they are at LEAST 1-1 1/2 years old, also before breeding her make sure she has had her first clutch of eggs because if she hasn't had her first clutch then it could be trouble for the eggs. :study:

babiiboo

camguy":10c37 said:
Yah its best to wait to breed your females until they are at LEAST 1-1 1/2 years old, also before breeding her make sure she has had her first clutch of eggs because if she hasn't had her first clutch then it could be trouble for the eggs. :study:

what is a clutch?

BIGDBREEDER

Original Poster
a clutch is a..guess the best way to put it is a group or amount of eggs she will have at one time..after one breeding a female can have several clutches of eggs = say 3 clutches would be 3 groups of eggs 1 clutch at a time..if u understand that i cant always type out what im meaning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom