Questions of a soon to be a beardie owner

Sushi

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

I usually avoid forums of any kind, as I usually get bad experience on them.

Although, since I'm gonna be a beardie momma.. what else can I do? :D

So.. my questions are:

Any specific basking temperature for a beardie of any age? (I need that in Celsius)

How to tame them?

What to feed them? How often?

Can you "potty" train them? If so, how?

How warm should their water bath be? (Celsius)

Can baby to juvi beardies eat mealworms?
(I am scared of crickets, and hoppers [to death lol])

Or should I be getting small dubia roaches?

If any new questions arise, I'll ask here ^^

Thank you! :)

Sushi

Original Poster
I am worried, VERY worried. Most likely over nothing, but I tend to become EXTREMLY paranoid. So the thing is, I bought two tubs of crickets, and second tub contains a spider. No idea of its species. If it came from outside, and it then 100% has parasites, then the crickets have parasites. But then it means she ate infected crickets and became infected herself, it also means that she not already ate infected crickets, but sellers entire stock is infected.

Me being paranoid, my mom totally ignoring my feelings and stuff: 'think positively'. OH?! Over my pet having possibly parasites?! She does not care about anything.

Lol so sorry for being so emotional 😂

Sushi

Original Poster
I love reading your posts and the care that you have for your beardie! Keep it up and post more pictures (beyond the poop!!! )
Thank you! I in fact have some more photos, and she got a new bowl for feeding her dubias 🙂
20221028_211608400.jpg
20221028_211513088.jpg

Sushi

Original Poster
Those are poisonous spiders -- did you get rid of it? And I have not a clue about them passing parasites - I just know they are poisonous to us
It is still in with crickets. I'm getting rid of it when I put it in with crickets in a tote box.
I just need to know if the crickets are safe for my girl to eat? She has already finished eating one tub, and so I am freaked out by a lot 0-0.

Posisbly good news tho: She is fine eating one and only kind of insects.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is still in with crickets. I'm getting rid of it when I put it in with crickets in a tote box.
I just need to know if the crickets are safe for my girl to eat? She has already finished eating one tub, and so I am freaked out by a lot 0-0.

Posisbly good news tho: She is fine eating one and only kind of insects.
Brown Recluse Spiders eat other insects such as:

• Moths
  • Flies
  • Crickets

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom