Questions of a soon to be a beardie owner

Sushi

Original Poster
Hello everyone!

I usually avoid forums of any kind, as I usually get bad experience on them.

Although, since I'm gonna be a beardie momma.. what else can I do? :D

So.. my questions are:

Any specific basking temperature for a beardie of any age? (I need that in Celsius)

How to tame them?

What to feed them? How often?

Can you "potty" train them? If so, how?

How warm should their water bath be? (Celsius)

Can baby to juvi beardies eat mealworms?
(I am scared of crickets, and hoppers [to death lol])

Or should I be getting small dubia roaches?

If any new questions arise, I'll ask here ^^

Thank you! :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The crickets are more likeky to give the spider parasites lol (sadly im not kidding though)
Crickets are not the cleanest of feeders. Be care the recluse spiders ARE venomous don't give it a chance to bite you.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Its
Thank you! I really worked hard on the set up.
She eats a bit of her greens from my hand, but then she stops to look at me.
When can they be sexed correctly?
I am a bit scared since I heard that female beardies can produce eggs (infertile though) without a male, and what scares me the most is that they can go egg bound and die.
It's not can, they will produce eggs even without breeding. Egg binding can happen, but if your beardie is healthy it shouldn't have an issue, you just have to be aware that it can happen so your ready on the off chance it does.

Sushi

Original Poster
That’s kinda concerning, maybe just dump the whole tub out.
Are you sure? I mean- I went off dart frogs. To become toxic themselves, they must eat something toxic. So if those crickets ate a poisonous spider, they must be toxic themselves. Right? Well, no idea if they are safe to my lil pancake or not. Hurts me to dump the tub out-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I think venom doesn't really work that way. If the crickets did ingest the spider i think their stomach would neutralize the venom, if not the crickets that ate it would die. Unless you found bits of the spider it's more likely that it just escaped anyway. But all this is just my opinion take it with a grain of salt.

Sushi

Original Poster
I think venom doesn't really work that way. If the crickets did ingest the spider i think their stomach would neutralize the venom, if not the crickets that ate it would die. Unless you found bits of the spider it's more likely that it just escaped anyway. But all this is just my opinion take it with a grain of salt.
There is literally 0 signs of the spider :skullemoji:. And it was in a tightly closed tub, so highly impossible for it to escape from cricket's madness lol.

Sushi

Original Poster
I found her scratching at left corner. Then she got under the kitchen towel lol. Yeah, she is sleeping under it rn 😂

20221105_230315957.jpg
20221105_230329750.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom