Question about t8 fixture and t5 bulb.

doommig

Original Poster
So I found out today that my fixture is a zoo med t8 fixture with reflector. I've been using it for about 5 months with a 10.0 t5 bulb inside the t8 fixture. So my question is, should I get the t5 fixture for my t5 bulb, or can I leave it as is with the t8 fixture? She doesn't have mbd or anything and looks healthy, although she is lethargic still.... So what should I do leave it or buy a t5 fixture?

doommig

Original Poster
So I found out today that my fixture is a zoo med t8 fixture with reflector. I've been using it for about 5 months with a 10.0 t5 bulb inside the t8 fixture. So my question is, should I get the t5 fixture for my t5 bulb, or can I leave it as is with the t8 fixture? She doesn't have mbd or anything and looks healthy, although she is lethargic still.... So what should I do leave it or buy a t5 fixture?
Nevermind it's a t5 hood lol sorry

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Just for future reference (and not trying to be a smart azz or offensive)
The t5 and t8 bulbs can't be interchanged. The t5 has two prongs at the ends and twist in. The t8 bulbs has the round button on the ends and one end is spring loaded(one end of the fixture). Thats the easiest way to distinguish the two bulbs at a glance. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just for future reference (and not trying to be a smart azz or offensive)
The t5 and t8 bulbs can't be interchanged. The t5 has two prongs at the ends and twist in. The t8 bulbs has the round button on the ends and one end is spring loaded(one end of the fixture). Thats the easiest way to distinguish the two bulbs at a glance. :)
The T 8 is also fatter whereas the T 5 is a long skinny tube

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom