Question about T8 12% +D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolove

So I (in a hurry) accidentally ordered the wrong bulb when I got my reminder I set to replace my uvb lamp. I use the T5 12% 34”Arcadia lamp but accidentally ordered a T8 12% +D3 36” bulb. Not sure how but I checked my order and sure enough it’s on me for ordering the complete wrong one.

My question is, does anyone use these bulbs and can I/should I get rid of this to someone who uses this lamp or are these not good for them? (The company doesn’t accept returns) I just don’t want to advertise it for someone who might be able to use it (has corresponding fixture) if it’s not even an ideal sufficient light to use to keep a dragon healthy. Looking to hear from people with real knowledge on this topic please:) Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 80

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I (in a hurry) accidentally ordered the wrong bulb when I got my reminder I set to replace my uvb lamp. I use the T5 12% 34”Arcadia lamp but accidentally ordered a T8 12% +D3 36” bulb. Not sure how but I checked my order and sure enough it’s on me for ordering the complete wrong one.

My question is, does anyone use these bulbs and can I/should I get rid of this to someone who uses this lamp or are these not good for them? (The company doesn’t accept returns) I just don’t want to advertise it for someone who might be able to use it (has corresponding fixture) if it’s not even an ideal sufficient light to use to keep a dragon healthy. Looking to hear from people with real knowledge on this topic please:) Thank you.
If it fits the fixture which I dont think it will T 5's and T 8's are different widths - the T 5's are skinnier - I would get another one ordered and try and sell the T 8 -

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Yes it’s a sufficient bulb for a dragon it just needs to be closer to the basking surface and I’m sure there are lots of people who would love that bulb for a dragon or maybe they also have another species of reptile that has lower uvb requirements to. It’s still a great bulb and good uvb source for many different reptiles.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I’ve done it before as well and I have a local reptile shop I love the guys there and they also rescue a lot of dragons and many other reptiles and I’ve given stuff to them and places like that can always use them. But your t8 you have is a very good bulb and could be used for many different applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom