• December Photo Competition!
    We are excited to announce the return of our regular photo competitions, starting things off with the holiday season! Gather the best photos of your bearded dragons... the theme for this month is "Fun and Festive!" For details check out the December Photo Compeitition thread.

Question about Canada immigration with pet reptiles


Background: I am planning to move to Canada with all my pet reptiles in total of 7. I knew about the CITES stuff but want to know what exact document is essential. As I asked an experienced friend who got help from an agency and it costs high for each reptile to process the professional coordination e.g. government, veterinary procedures which I may not be able to afford to take all 7 reptiles with me, I am thinking if only a few documents are needed that I can handle by myself without paying agency so I can bring all of them with me to Canada. What I know now is that no veterinary check and quarantine facility application is required to import reptile into Canada, this is also a reason making me doubt if the agency cost reasonably if only 1 document is required for Canada reptile import.

Question: is that only 1 document: CFIA import permit - Application for permit to import live animals, hatching eggs and animal germplasm (Form5860) needed to be process?
Top Bottom