Put Two Beardies in the Same Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargonista

We have two juveniles (not sure yet if male or female) that we separated a short time after we got them home because one was more aggressive than the other, and the less agressive one was not thriving.

Since the separation, the less aggressive one has grown and is doing really well. They are about 5 months old now.

At some point is it OK to put them back together? They look at each other across the room and seem to be getting more interested in each other.

And if they can live together harmoniously, is a 55 gallon tank big enough for two of them as adults?

osmbr

Hatchling Member
well at the petstore i got to they breed there own beardies and sell them thats were i got mine. they have a couple of tanks with groups of 3 to 4 beadies they breed and are all fat happy and no fighting occurs in any of his tanks. he even has 2 big males together and they dont fight. i dont know how it works for him. but he must be the equivalant of ceazar milan with beardies...........the beardie whisperer

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
if they are the same sex they may fight u should go 2 a petstore and check the genders of them i hav 2 n a 40 breeder and they do great with eachother i guess it just depends on the beardies attitudes u probably could get them out of their tanks and put them 2gethr and c how it goes

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Females WILL fight. I have 2 females that I cant let even see another female. They are just as territorial od thier space as males. Maybe even more so.
Yes sometimes if you get lucky you can get away with females living together, but for the most part it is not in the best interest of the animal.

This is Selene. She is 640 grams and 19 inches long. She can shake my biggest male like he is a mouse.
IMG_5549.jpg

If she decides she doesnt want another dragon in a tank guess what happens.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
mne are pretty laye bak and dont care if other r n the tank im about 2 get another female 2 go with my male and female

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
lizardman95":2u5kclg0 said:
mne are pretty laye bak and dont care if other r n the tank im about 2 get another female 2 go with my male and female

It only takes one time of them getting aggressive with each other to harm or kill each other. Best bet is to NOT get another dragon unless it has it's own enclosure. They each need their own enclosure, not to be housed with each other. It doesn't matter if they're laid back now, it eventually will happen, or your male will overbreed your female, and stress her out. Please separate them before harm comes to them.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
my male is 10 months and my female is 2 yrs. he looks at her as if shes his mom not a breeding buddy, i did not get them for breeding purposes

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
lizardman95":2rat59ux said:
he looks at her as if shes his mom not a breeding buddy, i did not get them for breeding purposes

Just because you did not intend them for breeding purposes doesn't mean they wont breed. Its common sense that if you have a sexually mature male and female in the same viv they will attempt to mate or even worse-- fight. These situations are easily avoided, just get another tank and separate them.

lizardman95

Hatchling Member
i kno that thay will most likely mate they nvr have faught and or mated and if they did fight i would hav separated them by now nothing has gone wrong n their tak or will, i watch them pretty much all the time and evr has happened or will beardies n pet stores r always n taks with eachother and they dont fight neither do mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom