Push ups

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Okay, it's a video and it needed to be longer than half a second to show you guys so I just made a link for that in Google photos.

She was literally doing push-ups. And everytime she did it, she'd puff her beard out a little bit like a bullfrog. Granted, she was looking at Toothless bit we've only ever seen the dainty bobs with the arm wave and the violent bobbing and foot stomping. What the heck does the slow one mean.?

Here's the link: New video by Amber

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nova is doing... slow push ups.?? When she does it, she'll lay all the way down for a second, then come back up and walk real slow, puff up a little bit like a bullfrog and her beard will get super black. Is it a defense or mating thing.? I know it's mating season/almost mating season but isn't she too young.? She's like only 6 months.

Attachments

• 16747795389977288078728331908662.jpg
    16747795389977288078728331908662.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 16747795852528122756988507070175.jpg
    16747795852528122756988507070175.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 65

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nova is doing... slow push ups.?? When she does it, she'll lay all the way down for a second, then come back up and walk real slow, puff up a little bit like a bullfrog and her beard will get super black. Is it a defense or mating thing.? I know it's mating season/almost mating season but isn't she too young.? She's like only 6 months.
Is she head bobbing? Or actually doing a push up- ? And your sure Nova is a female?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Sounds like she is displaying, 6 months is to young, but they will still display. Snicker Doodles couldn't decide if she wanted to flirt or dominate Zen when she was younger, it was hilarious to watch.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay, it's a video and it needed to be longer than half a second to show you guys so I just made a link for that in Google photos.

She was literally doing push-ups. And everytime she did it, she'd puff her beard out a little bit like a bullfrog. Granted, she was looking at Toothless bit we've only ever seen the dainty bobs with the arm wave and the violent bobbing and foot stomping. What the heck does the slow one mean.?

Here's the link: New video by Amber
Part of the mating ritual -- and the black beard means shes distressed - also part of the mating season- I would keep them out of view of each other --

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Sounds like she is displaying, 6 months is to young, but they will still display. Snicker Doodles couldn't decide if she wanted to flirt or dominate Zen when she was younger, it was hilarious to watch.
That seems to be how Nova is. She used to wave and move in this real jerky type motion and almost seem scared.

Now she's headbobbing and foot stomping and will scurry over to his tank as fast as she can as if she's gonna jump in there and kick is ass then make up for it.😅😅😳

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is she head bobbing? Or actually doing a push up- ? And your sure Nova is a female?
Also, I checked under her tail, and didn't even really see any bulges or anything. We got her from a breeder who said it was a girl, I'll get a picture of under her tail for you, maybe you can tell better.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Also, I checked under her tail, and didn't even really see any bulges or anything. We got her from a breeder who said it was a girl, I'll get a picture of under her tail for you, maybe you can tell better.
Place her on a flat surface vent towards camera tail in the air please

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Part of the mating ritual -- and the black beard means shes distressed - also part of the mating season- I would keep them out of view of each other --
The only time they can see each other is if one is out, so we started covering the tank of the other while one is out.

I thought she's too young to mate.? She's only 6 months.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I can't tail (misspelled intentionally lol). Maybe candle light it I'll attach a photo.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 57

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
She is to young. Females don't start breeding till 2 and a half-ish

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah that is part of their ritual but she is to young to let them try to breed

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom