Pulse proportional or dimming thermostat for Arcadia deep heat projector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Hey just curious, is it more efficient to use a DHP with a pulse proportional thermostat or a dimming thermostat? I know a dimming thermostat is better for a basking bulb but does it matter if I use a dimming or pulse thermostat or does it matter? Which one helps to prolong the life of the DHP?

Dimming would prolong the life of the DHP but if you factor In the price difference between a pulse proportional and dimming thermostat and the price of the DHP you can decide which way you want to go.

Dimming is the proper method but I’ve seen people get away with Pulse.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Dimming would prolong the life of the DHP but if you factor In the price difference between a pulse proportional and dimming thermostat and the price of the DHP you can decide which way you want to go.

Dimming is the proper method but I’ve seen people get away with Pulse.
Thank you for the help I can’t seem to find a dimming thermostat that won’t brake the budget they all seem to be on/off thermostats. The Herpstats are great but are hard to find in stock and very expensive! I like the Habistat and Microclimate Evo but I can’t find someone selling them in the US? Any brand that you recommend for dimming thermostat?

I use a herpstat. I looked all over for a microclimate and habistat but no dice in the US. I’ve heard decent things about these, can’t vouche for the seller as I’ve never bought from them, price is good though.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I use a herpstat. I looked all over for a microclimate and habistat but no dice in the US. I’ve heard decent things about these, can’t vouche for the seller as I’ve never bought from them, price is good though.

This is one I found on Pangea Reptile all the other Herpstats are out of stock. Is this a good model? Not sure what’s the difference between models? I’m not super good with technology so the simpler the better lol.

That’s the single probe herpstat with ability to view parameters on a dashboard. Basically think of it as a “smart” stat.

Let me look. That had some regular herpstat 1s non web the other day on the spyder robotics website.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Perfect thank you for looking I appreciate it. That’s exactly what I wanted. Now I know how much to save. Those are fairly simple to operate right? I’m just now learning how to use an IPhone and still don’t have a computer lol. I guess I’m kind of a dinosaur but I’ll learn some tech stuff if it means peace of mind in taking care of all my critters which I treat like spoiled little children. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom