Puffing Neck

Spesrf25

Just curious, Reptar has a new enclosure and was sitting on his platform puffing his neck a bit. Does he seem content, or about to shed or something else?

Puffing:
4CDEBD2B-1CC8-43D0-BCA3-A0D409763FF3.jpeg

Pic of the new enclosure:
B22EF8C8-62F0-4018-A10C-198D2ADFBC21.jpeg

Attachments

• 5C4F076B-5304-4A0E-8F49-57A2A8883192.jpeg
    5C4F076B-5304-4A0E-8F49-57A2A8883192.jpeg
    846.1 KB · Views: 104

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is just stretching the skin, could be shed or just because. It's normal behavior.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with xp29 - it looks like a he is just stretching his beard out - or it could also be the start of a yawn. Can’t really see his beard to see if it is in a shed - does it look like one / are his beard scales white/greyed over?

I will see my dragon do this now and then, often in (but not limited to) the mornings - it usually ends up being a yawn for her. 🙂

Spesrf25

Original Poster
I haven’t noticed white/grayed scales. I will take a close look after work.

Thanks for the feedback! I thought it was probably normal, but we got Reptar at the beginning of fall and he is starting to move around more, now, with behaviors we haven’t experienced yet. He’s been a sleepy fellow until we moved him from his 40 gal to his new 120 gal enclosure a couple of days ago.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Mine will do it sometimes and then turn and look at me (while still doing it) like don't even think about getting me out bub lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh cool congrstz on your new bubby, your in for quite a treat, they are quirky lil things!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank looks nice- what is the distance from the uvb to the platform? It looks farther than 15 inches- I would move it away from the wall - and I would recommend getting 2 digital probe thermometers

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Rocky does this in the morning when he wakes up- I always took it mean stretches. Now @SkittlesK please tell me more, if this again is Rocky trying to dominate me, good grief...what in the world LOL He's confirming that he's the boss AGAIN?!

The only other time that I have seen this is around the time of shedding- it helps him remove or prepare for shedding...keep your eyes out @Spesrf25

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom