Pros and Cons of large enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro: It’s so nice to have lots of space for decorations and for your bearded dragon to roam

Con: He somehow managed to crap on 6 and a half bricks PLUS a hammock
4D5A638A-7B17-4F96-B280-28918C61C18A.jpeg

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Been there man it’s honestly pushed me towards simple decor items that can easily be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe or easily go in the dishwasher lol 😂. I use to have this elaborate natural setup with every kind of rock and branches for climbing and made rock piles with tunneling options and then he would poop 💩 on literally every single thing in the viv and I would end up cleaning and baking like 2 huge cookie sheets full of rocks and branches 😡. I know it’s not like their native environment but I can keep it clean and sanitized a lot easier which for me makes more sense than having a natural setup that may harbor bacteria at least that’s what works for me and honestly my guy loves climbing up homemade simple boxes and he loves this 4 inch flexible pvc drain pipe I can shape it however I want and he crawls through it and uses it for a hide and you can curve it up and over stuff and it’s easily cleaned in the dishwasher.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
The worst is when you see he's just pooped and you go grab the stuff to clean it up and come back and the poop is gone and you know that you now also have to clean your' dragon's belly too LOL

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Oh good call that’s awesome when they do that!! My blue tongue just did that yesterday I wiped him down with a baby wipe lol 😂. Normally what happens is my daughter pooped and needs a diaper change then on my way to get the diaper I see my dragon pooped then once I get those two cleaned up then I’ll see the blue tongue skink has pooped to lol.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
Oh good call that’s awesome when they do that!! My blue tongue just did that yesterday I wiped him down with a baby wipe lol 😂. Normally what happens is my daughter pooped and needs a diaper change then on my way to get the diaper I see my dragon pooped then once I get those two cleaned up then I’ll see the blue tongue skink has pooped to lol.
That is a lot of poop LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom