Prolapse/parasites

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So I have posted that on here before about my baby beardie prolapsing when he poops, in cast you don’t know he will prolapse when he poops and he’s does this for about a month now and there was blood before but the blood has lessened now. And I haven’t just been waiting, I made the soonest appointment I could like 2-3 weeks ago, which is next week, but my boy has not been eating running around as much in the past couple days. I do have some critical care, should I start giving him some to help until his appointment next week.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I was going to buy these two, I just want to double check, do you think this will be good for him, his take dimension are 30x12x13, I just wanna make sure I’m doing what’s best for my baby
So its a 20 gallon tank --- please use the 5.0 bulb that comes w/ the fixture -- it will need to be unobstructed NO screen and directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches --- when you upgrade to the bigger tank like recommended a 120 then get the 10.0 bulb T 5 that is going to be more suited for your size--

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
If you are worried about him prolapsing again, giving critical care would be fine. Is he eating
anything on his own right now? For help with the critical care being more palatable you can
add some squash, or sweet potato baby food in with it, too. A soft diet would be a good idea
for help if he is still having trouble with prolapse.
Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Tracie

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

How is your dragon doing?
If you are worried about him prolapsing again, giving critical care would be fine. Is he eating
anything on his own right now? For help with the critical care being more palatable you can
add some squash, or sweet potato baby food in with it, too. A soft diet would be a good idea
for help if he is still having trouble with prolapse.
Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Tracie
Hi! I really appreciate all the help, our vet appointment was a week or so ago, he did have parasites, he has coccidia, and he is now medicated, he seems to be doing better. To be honest I haven’t been home much to watch him, so I can’t tell if he still prolapses or not, but there’s no longer blood so I think we are getting a lot better :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh ok! I am glad to hear things are going better for your boy. How bad were his parasite levels?
If he isn't having any prolapse issues, it sounds like he is slowly improving! Feel free to post more
pictures & let us know how he is progressing. :)

Tracie

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

Oh ok! I am glad to hear things are going better for your boy. How bad were his parasite levels?
If he isn't having any prolapse issues, it sounds like he is slowly improving! Feel free to post more
pictures & let us know how he is progressing. :)

Tracie
So I don’t think the vet I went to was great, I mean they told me they were going to look at the fecal can I waited 20 mins and they just popped in and told me to check out, then they just told me my total, didn’t even tell me what was wrong until I asked when they were shoving a card reader in my face so I wasn’t given any levels…. Unfortunately that’s the only one I can really drive to… but here are a few pictures of my boy

Attachments

• 52FD00E0-4C1A-467C-B1AF-D0A15B45E5EA.jpg
    52FD00E0-4C1A-467C-B1AF-D0A15B45E5EA.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 65
  • C38ED94A-5742-4CEF-9272-9D79301DC197.jpg
    C38ED94A-5742-4CEF-9272-9D79301DC197.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DAB094F1-86BA-45ED-8732-86BA1F5CEC50.jpeg
    DAB094F1-86BA-45ED-8732-86BA1F5CEC50.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 60

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That sounds pretty rushed to me, but at least it seems like they essentially took care of the
problems right now. He is looking good there, very alert!
It seems there aren't too many reptile vets anymore or at least any nearby most people.

Thanks,
Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom