Prolapse? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh, he's really a big + hefty boy. You described him as getting thin and wrinkly but believe me, he's a thick chunk. Don't feed him a single superworm or other insect, he just needs more hydration and very soft foods to induce a bowel movement. I think that the combination of very little uvb from the coil and possibly too low of temps. contributed to his problem. He does not look dehydrated and I would not get the fluid shots. It's oral hydration that will help push the blockage through. Like a person that's constipated, they alter the diet and are told to drink more fluids, they don't get put on an I.V.

The waterfall can stay, but just as a piece of climbing decor, don't add water to use it as a fountain.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tinkey, Stinker, Tubby
A heartbreaking update I regret to inform everyone on.

Tinkey was peacefully euthanized today due to progressively poor health and recovery. The vet said that there was what she felt possibly a lump pushing up against his intestines causing him to be in a lot of pain/forcing him to constantly strain. She said the only way to solve this was surgery but the chances of him making it through and his quality of life afterwards was probably not worth it.

It took over an hour to get to the vet and the ride there was traumatizing. He was not doing well at all. He was in a constant strain and seemed to be extremely alert due to pain as he was opening his mouth/breathing heavily a lot. He did a great job hanging in there until we got him in. I was so proud he could make it that far. After that he seemed to be in the worst condition I have ever seen him in. He couldn’t hold himself up and would barely open his eyes and reacted to nothing. It broke my heart. As much as I didn’t want to, I agreed with the vet that letting him go was probably the best decision here. The vet did a great job with the whole process and I’m extremely grateful that I got to say goodbye and let him sleep with me one last time. It hurts so bad but my hurt was probably in no way comparable to his. I feel like I lost a part of me. I got him when I was 13 and I’m 22 now. We’ve watched each other grow up and I feel like he’s been apart of me practically as long as I can remember. Bearded dragons are definitely more than just a scaly companion. I miss him so bad already. Rest In Peace Tinkey. I’ll never ever forget you and I love you.

Attachments

• 19F0794A-1F78-4907-AC0A-AED9AA07C978.jpeg
    19F0794A-1F78-4907-AC0A-AED9AA07C978.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 89

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, I didn't think that it would come to this but I really want to express my sincere + deepest condolences. So sad to lose your scaly friend like that, take care.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tinkey, Stinker, Tubby
I'm so sorry, I didn't think that it would come to this but I really want to express my sincere + deepest condolences. So sad to lose your scaly friend like that, take care.
Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate the support and advice you’ve given throughout the thread. That goes for everyone who replied to this thread as well. I am deeply grateful for everyone’s help. I wish everyone the best.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you so much. I deeply appreciate the support and advice you’ve given throughout the thread. That goes for everyone who replied to this thread as well. I am deeply grateful for everyone’s help. I wish everyone the best.
Yes I am sorry to hear about Tinkey--- he defiantly had a good life w/ you and I am sure you will miss him for a long time--- :(

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
So sorry for your loss, thank you for being a great dragon parent. It's hard to loose, and even harder to make that difficult decision. Here for you if you need anything. Rest easy knowing you did everything you could and you did the right thing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry about little Tinkey, that is extremely heartbreaking. :cry: It does feel like part of your soul went with
him & even harder when you grew up together. He will always be with you, forever, because you hold him
in your heart.
He knew just how much you loved him & he was most definitely loved & cherished, by you.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tracie

MerithD

Beardie name(s)
Calypso(rip) Pickles(rip) Ragetti Lenny Vash Fridae Gemma
They never warn you how attached you can get. He was a lucky lizard. Their life expectancy in the wild is only 6 years the average in captivity is 8-9 years. You did well by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom