Problems - driveing me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffon

OK, my bearded dragon is about a year old now and he gets 8 critekts a day with a dash of watermelon in the afternoons. Im usually away during the day cause of college, but when i get home he drives me insane.

Out of no where he will jump off his log in his tank and begin running like mad, along with this he continues to climb the the glass. Gets back on log than 5 minutes later going mad again. This goes on from, as of what i know when i get home, 4:00pm to around 9:30pm. When i try to do something i just make it worse, he starts hissing puffing up. To night, when i post this, i let him out of the tank to try to hold him to calm him down. He just latch onto my finger with his month, then ran around my room (was trying the "breadie bourito" concept. (this was the first time he was out besides his baths). I know this sound similar to a lot of post but i don;t know what to do. He also hates me or is really scare of me, but when i look at him he stops what he is doing, acting spazzy, for a couple of moments.

He does live in a 32 gallon tank, but is it tall, not long and wide. Will be getting a new one, a "breeder tank" during the summer, but until then what should i do to make him more at ease inside the one he has and also with me. I think i made the mistake of not handling him when he was young :banghead: any help would be nice and as of now ( 9:30pm) he is asleep on his log. Thank you

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
First of all, why is he only getting 8 crickets a day?

As for his spazzing... Try placing a worn tshirt in his tank so he gets used to your smell. You will need to handle him more, like every day, so he gets used to you. You can try the beardie burrito with him while he's asleep so there isn't much a struggle since he will be sleeping.

Puffon

Original Poster
Temps and lighting is good, and the watermelon is mixed with greens, melon for flavor.

so when he fall asleep i should pick him up, wouldn't that wake him?

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
It will wake him for a short period of time, but wrap him in something and make sure it's nice and dark and he should go right back to sleep.

Puffon

Original Poster
after some biting hissing, black bearding and flailing i was able to hold him i a boritio in the afternoon for about 10 mins until he started to his and squirm so i put him back. i'll try the shirt in the tank now. hope he doesn't pop on it
hes at 8 crickets now was at 4 a day

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Puffon":1ehz1kyo said:
after some biting hissing, black bearding and flailing i was able to hold him i a boritio in the afternoon for about 10 mins until he started to his and squirm so i put him back. i'll try the shirt in the tank now. hope he doesn't pop on it
hes at 8 crickets now was at 4 a day

That's insane, only 8 crickets a day. Is that his choice or yours? My beardie eats 30+ on a bad day and like 60+ on a good day. On top of that he eats a ton of greens. 8 seems like really low amount.

sluedu09

Hatchling Member
Has anyone else heard anything new on this beardie? If he's not eating a lot of crickets, I like to use super worms. They're easy to take care of and easy to gut load. Put them on some oatmeal for two days and they're good to go.

Puffon

Original Poster
he now eats anywhere between 18-20 a day, I have been posting around other things, i may try superworms with oatmeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom