Problem: bugs escape Solution: hole saw

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Over the years I've always had to get bowls that bugs can't escape from but are to deep and make it hard for my beardied to get their bugs, which in turn causes them to stand in the bowl and let the bugs escape. So shallow bowl= happy beardie, escaped bugs and p.o.'ed girlfriend. Deep bowl= unhappy beardie, escaped bugs and p.o.'ed girlfriend. Solution? A hole saw!
Bowl deep enough that bugs don't escape, a hole on the ledge, countersunk bowl, everyone happy (well except the bugs 🐛 😉 lol). And I finally get some piece and quiet!!!!

Attachments

• 20230211_135437.jpg
    20230211_135437.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20230211_135457.jpg
    20230211_135457.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230211_135943.jpg
    20230211_135943.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 62

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Over the years I've always had to get bowls that bugs can't escape from but are to deep and make it hard for my beardied to get their bugs, which in turn causes them to stand in the bowl and let the bugs escape. So shallow bowl= happy beardie, escaped bugs and p.o.'ed girlfriend. Deep bowl= unhappy beardie, escaped bugs and p.o.'ed girlfriend. Solution? A hole saw!
Bowl deep enough that bugs don't escape, a hole on the ledge, countersunk bowl, everyone happy (well except the bugs 🐛 😉 lol). And I finally get some piece and quiet!!!!
I'm having a similar problem & I'm looking into getting an escape-proof feeder dish.
I had one for Skittles. (Disposable)

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom