Probably just anxious shed post

DisoDragon

Beardie name(s)
Orange
Hi all. Got my buddy orange all set up now with several locations to get up to suitable levels of UVB a good basking spot that ranges between 95 and 110 degrees across its surface under my 50 watt halogen floodlight got his reptisun t5 10 lowered about 4 inches now putting his basking rock about 16 inches away, his log about the same distance in the middle zone and his hammock and hide mountain in the cool side being in a lesser uv area with the back of his hide having little to no UV . I also set him up with an LED daylight bulb to get things nice and bright in there for him

Now for the actual question , my last post a while back had him starting some shed and I know it can take a bit to get it done , he ranges from very lethargic to almost hyper active , eats well and poops like a horse, I have even found a salad blend he seems to love . I have cut back on some of the baths (he loves the water) to about 3 a week while he’s in the process of shedding

His humidity is ranging from 32-35 depending if the lights are on or off this is taken from both the digital ambient thermometers and my in-room probe thermometer I use to make sure I keep the rest of the room in line as well

Going to attach some pics and hopefully it’s nothing, but I err on the better safe than sorry mindset, taking care of him helps my mental state quite a lot .

It’s gone from being kind of gray white to more normal but like faded

Thanks in advance everyone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 90

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all. Got my buddy orange all set up now with several locations to get up to suitable levels of UVB a good basking spot that ranges between 95 and 110 degrees across its surface under my 50 watt halogen floodlight got his reptisun t5 10 lowered about 4 inches now putting his basking rock about 16 inches away, his log about the same distance in the middle zone and his hammock and hide mountain in the cool side being in a lesser uv area with the back of his hide having little to no UV . I also set him up with an LED daylight bulb to get things nice and bright in there for him

Now for the actual question , my last post a while back had him starting some shed and I know it can take a bit to get it done , he ranges from very lethargic to almost hyper active , eats well and poops like a horse, I have even found a salad blend he seems to love . I have cut back on some of the baths (he loves the water) to about 3 a week while he’s in the process of shedding

His humidity is ranging from 32-35 depending if the lights are on or off this is taken from both the digital ambient thermometers and my in-room probe thermometer I use to make sure I keep the rest of the room in line as well

Going to attach some pics and hopefully it’s nothing, but I err on the better safe than sorry mindset, taking care of him helps my mental state quite a lot .

It’s gone from being kind of gray white to more normal but like faded

Thanks in advance everyone
Too many baths will dry the scales out-- just mist him about once a week - but that is shed coming on -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom