Princess Phoebe (Wee Be-be) -good news 11/30/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
A little. She has been up for 7 hours now but she does look a little dehydrated and her beard is still darkened unless I am holding her. I have decided I am not giving her the sulphamezathine today. It is too late in the day now to give her it anyway. I want to see if her behaviour improves without it. If it does, then I may switch to reptaid after the weekend.

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Has she eaten anything? I think you should just sit down and hold her. Just pretend you have nothing else to do :)

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She is only allowed 1 live prey item per day so I keep it for after her allopurinol because she knows that is the last icky med each day :) I gave her the rest of her serapeptase about 10 mins ago- she usually gets it right after the sulfa. It's as if she knows I'm not giving her it now as herbeard has lightened and she is basking and looking much more alert. If she seems like her usual self in the morning, then I'm stopping it for now. My gut is telling me it is doing her more harm than good.

On a side note, she has put on 40 grams in 2 weeks!!!!! So there must be eggies in that tummy!!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
LOL! No wonder she looks like she swallowed a balloon!! Well, I'm glad she is happier. If you can accomplish the same thing using another med, I would do the same thing I think.

Suz

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I'm wary of reptaid- it seems to good to be true. But il give it a go. I wish my vet would give me ponazuril :( Ultimately, sulphamezathine is an antibiotic and with gout, antibiotics are not a good idea.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Phoebe seems MUCH better today. Her fat pads look good and her beard has been normal all day. She has been basking- properly for the first time this week!

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I really do think that had something to do with it! She seems so much happier today! I'm going to send off another fecal before deciding on my next move for her :)

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Good idea. I really am so tickled she is happier today!!
Have you bumped into the bot thingy jamming up some of the threads? Grrrrr! Who do I contact or do we just wait until an administrator notices and fixes it?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
She just apporached her salad bowl- fingers crossed she might eat some salad today- I swear, Phoebe and Huff could learn a few things about salad from the baby!!!

Yes, it is so annoying! Evil bot!
You can just report it using the (!) up at the top of their posts then the mods will sort it out later. One of the downsides to most of the mods being in the same time-zone! That thing has been clogging up the boards since I woke up this morning LOL!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Has she eaten any? Is she normally a salad eater? It doesn't seem to take much to change their enthusiasm for munching. I swear, Rufus drives me crazy. It's worse than having a little baby in the house!

I'm assuming you've ! on all the posts you have bumped into so maybe it would better if I didn't duplicate everything.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I think I did 3. Then I got so sick of them i just started avoiding posts...

She hasn't really eaten salad since she came out of brumation. She licked it just now and then went back to basking. She used to clear 2 bowls every day!! Baby has already had 3 bites of his today!!!

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Keep spritzing it with water and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Ruf will usually eat salad even when he neglects his live feeders. Hope he continues to do that. Ok, going to go back to bot hunting.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well, Miss Phoebe seems to be back to her normal curious self today. She even got herself up today :D overall, I don't believe her cocci levels have increased-she does not display any of the usual cocci symptoms (diarrhoea-sp? Or stinky poops)
I'm wondering if her levels were raised because of 'relocation' stress-Kazi passed away 4 days before her last fecal so things had certainly changed for her so right now, I will keep up with the cleaning and keeping her as relaxed as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom