Pregnant women and new infant

Nv72694

Original Poster
Hello,

My boyfriend just got a bearded dragon he’s about 4 months I believe. But the pet store did not let us know that It’s risky to have one while I am pregnant and having a new born. How bad is it? Should I rehome him? Or is it fine to have him in a room where me nor the baby will be at?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

My boyfriend just got a bearded dragon he’s about 4 months I believe. But the pet store did not let us know that It’s risky to have one while I am pregnant and having a new born. How bad is it? Should I rehome him? Or is it fine to have him in a room where me nor the baby will be at?
I have never heard of this- let's ask the vet tech mod on here-
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My girlfriend and I both love on our beardies, that includes kissing on them 8 years zero sickness. The short answer is yes beardies COULD carry disease, but so can dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, PEOPLE ...... you get the picture. The truth of the matter is, it comes down to personal hygiene and habits. Keep its habitat clean and wash your hands after being in contact with it and i would think you should be just fine

Nv72694

Original Poster
I have never heard of this- let's ask the vet tech mod on here-
@Drache613[/USER
[/QUOTE]
My girlfriend and I both love on our beardies, that includes kissing on them 8 years zero sickness. The short answer is yes beardies COULD carry disease, but so can dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, PEOPLE ...... you get the picture. The truth of the matter is, it comes down to personal hygiene and habits. Keep its habitat clean and wash your hands after being in contact with it and i would think you should be just fine
Yes, that’s what I thought so too. It’s just being a new mom and just finding this out well overthinking and freaking out is to happen. Thank you so much!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom