Pre shedding on the front right side only

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Is this normal shedding? Pre Shedding the front right side only.

Attachments

• 20220825_091626.jpg
    20220825_091626.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 20220825_091632.jpg
    20220825_091632.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 90

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Any thoughts on these products?
Fresh is best -- pellets can lead to dehydration - w/ the fresh salads rinsed before serving is going to help w/ getting water to him - if your using any kind of coils for a UVB they are inadequate for his needs - the UVB helps absorb and synthesize the calcium hes getting which is extremely important to his growth as a baby - you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb - no colored bulbs no off white or yellowish bulbs - long tube fixtures for UVB's - we can recommend some of those if you like -- you want surface basking temps of 105-110 for now taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Fresh is best -- pellets can lead to dehydration - w/ the fresh salads rinsed before serving is going to help w/ getting water to him - if your using any kind of coils for a UVB they are inadequate for his needs - the UVB helps absorb and synthesize the calcium hes getting which is extremely important to his growth as a baby - you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb - no colored bulbs no off white or yellowish bulbs - long tube fixtures for UVB's - we can recommend some of those if you like -- you want surface basking temps of 105-110 for now taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate
What would be the exact watts?

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Do you have a recommendation for the lgiht bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking bulbs are trial and error --- start w/ 100 watt and go from there but you must have a digital probe thermometer to get accurate basking temps--- the T 5 UVB is a 24 watt long tube fixture please google it you want a Reptisun 10.0 t 5 or a Arcadia 24 watt which is a 12% bulb -- you need a fixture or hood that it goes in for the reflector that is really important

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
How about this? Should i use 5 or 10?
NO that is a coil and it is no good -- they cause all kinds of health issues here is what you need
24" fixture this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the 10.0 bulb
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one 24 watt
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood w/ the 12 % bulb --
you will haft to look on line but these are the best on the market
when you get it please post back on here I will help you set it up for your tank - distance and placement depends on the screen on the tank --

shakeroll123

Original Poster
NO that is a coil and it is no good -- they cause all kinds of health issues here is what you need
24" fixture this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the 10.0 bulb
22" bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one 24 watt
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood w/ the 12 % bulb --
you will haft to look on line but these are the best on the market
when you get it please post back on here I will help you set it up for your tank - distance and placement depends on the screen on the tank --
This is my current setup

Attachments

• 20220716_103636.jpg
    20220716_103636.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 51

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Since you are in the Philippines, you should be able to get
a decent tube bulb. Reptisun 10 T8 long tube should be easier
to find than Arcadia, but, not sure. Or, you can always order it
online, too if possible. Outdoor time is always beneficial also if
you have time but you always need to keep a close watch over
them & never leave them unattended.
He is very cute. How is the shedding coming along?

Tracie

shakeroll123

Original Poster
Hello,

Since you are in the Philippines, you should be able to get
a decent tube bulb. Reptisun 10 T8 long tube should be easier
to find than Arcadia, but, not sure. Or, you can always order it
online, too if possible. Outdoor time is always beneficial also if
you have time but you always need to keep a close watch over
them & never leave them unattended.
He is very cute. How is the shedding coming along?

Tracie
I always exposw them to natural heat by yhe for about 15-20 mins

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom