prayers for Miss Booger, update July 17, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It was a tumor and we should have results back tomorrow or when I take her in on Thursday for an antibiotic shot. I am crossing my fingers it isn't cancer.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Update on Booger.She went in for her antibiotic shot today. She has another on Monday. No results on the tumor yet. He is getting her records from the other vet. He is happy she has her bright colors on now and her eye color has changed to, from dark brown to white-ember. He said he has never seen a tumor like what she had. With the tumor( he said it was bigger then a golf ball) and eggs she wouldn't have made it much longer. He is going to write up an article about her and the tumor for a vet magazine or something like that. She hasn't eaten much today,and no bath for another week. She is sitting on my lap no watching me type this up. So far so good on her recovering.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Loving the good new about Miss Booger!!! That is very interesting that your vet is going to write an aritcle on her...perhaps she can help another dragon somewhere!! Please keep us posted...and thank you for the update.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Not a problem Kcarello. I know I keep tabs on what goes on with other peoples beardies in case there is something that can help other people or myself. It will be interesting on what he finds out. He has never seen any tumor like this and I sure hope it might be able to help someone else out. I hate the waiting on the results, but she is in good hands and not worried to much about her now.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I got a call from the vet today and Booger DOES NOT have cancer. I don't remember what else the vet said, but will ask again on Monday when I take her back in. I really think they are stumped on what it is and why it happened. She ate 8 roaches today so I am going to let her be for the day and not force anything more in her. She has the most bright color ever now and since the surgery. I am so happy about what the vet said, now my girl can get back to eating and gaining her weight back.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is great news she does not have cancer, congratulations! :blob5:
How is she doing now, is her appetite good?

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HI Tracie, she is starting to eat more. The day after surgery she ate 8 roaches, then 10 on Wed, no roaches on Thursday and 8 today. Lately she would only eat 2 every other day and nothing else. All her fat pads were gone, just no room for food with that mass as big as it was plus eggs starting to form. I am going to feed her roaches every day for about a week, then get her back to eating her greens too. I haven't seen such bright colors on her for a few weeks now, and after the surgery they came back out immediately . Her eye color changed too, a lot lighter then before. The vets just love her color. I am doing the happy dance that the vet was great in saving her life. I really don't think she would have survived much longer.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
YAY!!!!!!! That is just wonderful news!! I have been so worried about her!!! Happy happy happy dance!!! Let us know what else the vet said when you take her back,,,but you remembered the most important part for sure!!!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Up date on Booger, she is eating no stop today, gaining her weight back really fast. She has her 3rd and final antibiotic shot tomorrow and stitches out on the 28th. She has had her bright colors on since surgery and looking good.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
CONGRATULATIONS ON NO CANCER!! That is wonderful news!

Any new pics to update us with :mrgreen: :lol:

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I should have pics by next week, moving tomorrow and don't know where my camera is, but going to ask the vet tomorrow if he has any I can share of the surgery.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
That'll be cool!! :D I'm so glad that its not cancer!! I have been worried for you and your beardie but haven't been able to get online for long periods of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom