prayers for Miss Booger, update July 17, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Amy,
sorry to hear about your hamster. It breaks your heart when you have to let your pet go when something is wrong that can't be fixed. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope that Miss Booger is going to be alright. I am sorry that she is having trouble with possible egg binding issues.
Please let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you to everyone, I will let everyone knows what is going on with her tomorrow sometime. I have to take her in first thing in the morning and will get her back in the afternoon. I am hoping everything goes fine and she comes home.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I took her in this morning, got a call about 2 hours later. The vet was saying she had a tumor that was filled with fluid and it wasn't looking to good for her to pull through. Well I spend an hour crying thinking I was loosing my girl, then I get another call from the vet office and told me she pulled through and in recovery right now. I will be picking her up in 5 hours, and talking to the vet about what he found and care for her now. I am so glad my girl made it through all of this.

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
I'm so glad she made it through the surgery! I hope she recovers and heals quickly without any setbacks.

Amy

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Booger is back and such a skinny little girl. The mass was golf ball+ size and eggs starting to grow too. I never have to worry about eggs and laying and all that, she is spayed. I don't know how she didn't explode by now. I can see how she couldn't breath to good or eat to much because of the size of it. She has her black beard and most likely will for a couple days, but she is moving better and should put weight back on pretty fast. Will post a pic of her stitches soon. The vet did a great job on her. She goes back on Thursday for antibiotic shot and 3 weeks to get stitches out.

pic of her before surgery a few weeks ago.

after surgery

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you all. I am so glad its a happy ending for her with all that she has had to deal with for a couple months because a vet couldn't figure it out.

Oriheme

Juvie Member
OMG How terrible!!! I am glad everything worked out and you have your baby back!!!! Healing prayers sending your way!!!!

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
I'm soo extremely happy that I continued to keep reading after you said "said that she might not pull through" or something like that because I honestly wanted to X out because it upsets me when I hear someone lost a pet they really love & care for. But I kept reading & now I am really happy for you both!!!!!
Great job on being such a great person & making the right decisions for your Beardy !!
Much love & prayers sent to both of you :)

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you everyone. It was touch and go yesterday morning tho. When the vet called the first time was when he found out how big the tumor was and didn't think she would pull through, and then waiting for the next call an hour later from the lady in the office saying she made it through. I kind of had a feeling after an hour of not hearing from the vet things were going to be ok.
She ate 8 roaches this morning, compared to only being able to eat 2 at a time. The vet gave us some carnivore care and she had some of that today. I don't want to over feed her right now, but giving her little meals through out the day. She has her bright colors on ( haven't seen those for a while), staying where the heat is. I have a sheet covering her tank so the stitches won't catch on her carpet or log. Had to add another bulb for heat and and put another folded towel under her log. Sofar so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom