Potential Choking ?

Asper

Beardie name(s)
Harry
My sweet girlie was enjoying a piece of strawberry as a treat (sundays are fruit treat days) she gulped it down pretty quickly and seemed normal.

Then she started making a bobbing motion in her throat, she did not lose color or turn black. But I believe she was choking and got it stuck somehow.

She’s refused to eat for the rest of the day but has drank water.

I’m monitoring her closely incase I need to take an emergency vet visit, any warning signs I should watch out for ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My sweet girlie was enjoying a piece of strawberry as a treat (sundays are fruit treat days) she gulped it down pretty quickly and seemed normal.

Then she started making a bobbing motion in her throat, she did not lose color or turn black. But I believe she was choking and got it stuck somehow.

She’s refused to eat for the rest of the day but has drank water.

I’m monitoring her closely incase I need to take an emergency vet visit, any warning signs I should watch out for ?
Black bearding -- swinging her head side to side-- how is she this morning?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She’s refusing to eat anything, her beard has never looked black, it did this weird motion as if she was gulping. She’s drank some water but I’m worried it might be stuck there.
Can you open her mouth and look ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, poor girl. This does happen sometimes, but hopefully it should eventually pass
through & can be swallowed. She has been drinking water though?
You mentioned her beard is not black though?
If she continues to act out of character or seems to be in distress, it might be a good idea to
get her to vet to be sure she is alright.

Tracie

Asper

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Harry
Hello,

Any updates for us on your girl? I hope she is doing better now!

Tracie
Hi sorry for the late reply ! She’s doing a lot better. She choked again on some kale but I think they were both her eating too fast. She doesn’t have any mouth rot and gets lots of calcium so I think it was just an “uh oh” moment. Thank you so much for your concern !!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great to hear she doesn't have any mouth issues then. They definitely tend to eat fast & can
get in a hurry & not chew as well as they should. I guess it happens to us as well!
I'm glad she is doing much better now!

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom