Post fungi infection beardie

I have a beardee about 2/3 years old his name is scar. When I received him as a kid he has always had odd skin problems that included growing extra skin on some areas but it never bothered his daily Activities and eating habits. Not too long ago he had a fungal infection and I hd it taken care of around September. They told me to bathe him and spray him with this anti fungi spray and I have as well as bathe him daily or every other day when I feel like I been having him in water long enough. Lately I noticed all the old infected skin is just drying up getting real hard and not shedding off. I have tried bathing him and I don’t want to try and scratch off his skin cause I know that’s not good for the lizard. I would only assist him with hard skin that is easily able to be rubbed off. Any suggestions on what I’m supposed to do to help him out? I would highly appreciate any recommendations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 91

Showtimedenson

Original Poster
I have visited vets and made sure I fixed everything that caused him to have the infection. But it’s been about a month and change and his skin is just drying up and not wanting to peel. He’s been active and will eat and his poops has been solid.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How long have those areas been on the chest/belly area? You could try getting some silver gel to
put on those areas in combination with the spray on anti-fungal product. What is the spray called,
by name & how often do you use it on him?
Also, are you giving any probiotics too?

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom