Post egg laying care 4 mother...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our beardie Athena is laying her eggs as I write this. We are not concerned about keeping the eggs or anything. I just need to know if there is anything I need to de for Athena when she done laying. Any advice?

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I'm not an expert but have read that people give a pinkie mouse or you could use fatty worms in addition to her usual feeders, but I don't know which ones they use. I'm guessing wax or butter worms.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
She may or may not eat right after but the next couple of days bath and try to feed regularly. They tend to become a little dehydrated, and hungry and it takes them a few days to regroup.

Jeff

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
Up her calcium supplement to five times a week and her multivitamin supplement to three times a week. Give her extra baths and extra feeder insects. Silkworms and phoenix worms would be ideal for her right now. Also give her foods that are particularly rich in calcium. Once every two weeks, you can feed her a pinkie mouse. And if she isn't already, separate her from the male.

MissingBello

Original Poster
Thanks for the advise. Athena laid 21 eggs around 2:30pm yesturday afternoon. She's seems to be doing fine. I gave her a bath afterwards which she seemed to enjoy. After that she just wanted to sleep. A week and a half of diggin' then laying....she was wore out.
She ate this morning with a vengence! She put down quite a few crickets and some wax worms. All dusted with her calcium & vitties. She hasn't touched her greens....yet. During her wait, I fed her a mixture of electrolite, greens, calcium and vitamins in liquid form. I think that helped a lot.
Now that she has some energy back, it's just a matter of time before she's back to her old self.
On behalf of Athena, thank you for your replys.
Robert, Las Vegas, NV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom