Post Brumation Laziness

LittleSimba

Original Poster
My 1 year old beardie came out of brumation around Christmas but he doesn't seem to be acting like how most people's bearded dragons act? I've read that they get hormonal and very active after they wake up but he's been very lazy in addition to not eating (which I've read is common). As it's been a couple weeks now and I've only gotten him to eat a single dubia and maybe 1 tiny piece of bell pepper, I'm getting concerned. He pooped a couple days ago and I took that to the vet - negative for parasites. His pre-brumation check up/ bloodwork were all good and he did have some pin worms but they were treated and confirmed gone before I let him brumate. Does anyone else's dragon act like this after brumation? His lighting and temps are as recommended. It's only been a couple weeks but I'm prone to stessing out about him 😓

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My 1 year old beardie came out of brumation around Christmas but he doesn't seem to be acting like how most people's bearded dragons act? I've read that they get hormonal and very active after they wake up but he's been very lazy in addition to not eating (which I've read is common). As it's been a couple weeks now and I've only gotten him to eat a single dubia and maybe 1 tiny piece of bell pepper, I'm getting concerned. He pooped a couple days ago and I took that to the vet - negative for parasites. His pre-brumation check up/ bloodwork were all good and he did have some pin worms but they were treated and confirmed gone before I let him brumate. Does anyone else's dragon act like this after brumation? His lighting and temps are as recommended. It's only been a couple weeks but I'm prone to stessing out about him 😓
It does take time for their appetites to come back but I would of thought he would be eating a little more-- did the forum go over the lighting w/you?

LittleSimba

Original Poster
Yes, I thought so too? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Do they sometimes go from full brumation to partial? He's been very inactive since waking up, which is like the opposite of what everyone else is experiencing.
Yes I have a 150 Watt basking light with dimmer and UVB tube light that is the correct distance from his basking area with no obstructions. The UVB light was changed in October so it should still be good.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes, I thought so too? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Do they sometimes go from full brumation to partial? He's been very inactive since waking up, which is like the opposite of what everyone else is experiencing.
Yes I have a 150 Watt basking light with dimmer and UVB tube light that is the correct distance from his basking area with no obstructions. The UVB light was changed in October so it should still be good.
And it's the T 8 or T 5 - they have different expiration times

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom