Post Brumation insanity

Hi so recently about a month and a half ago my girl Zarra came out of brumation, get temps are back to normal so is her schedule and nothing had changed in her tank, even a recent vet visit and everything is great! BUT SHE IS STILL GOING CRAZY incessant glass surfing running around her tank climbing, jumping, she dosent black beard or anything but is litterally driving me insane. the second her lights come on till the second the go off she is clawing and going crazy not to mention she wont eat at all....ive tried her dig box but she does the same there........I'm pretty sure this is all due to hormones but please for the love of God will it stop, when will I have my baby back? she's about 2 years old this was her first brumation and she was never like this before brumation....please help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi so recently about a month and a half ago my girl Zarra came out of brumation, get temps are back to normal so is her schedule and nothing had changed in her tank, even a recent vet visit and everything is great! BUT SHE IS STILL GOING CRAZY incessant glass surfing running around her tank climbing, jumping, she dosent black beard or anything but is litterally driving me insane. the second her lights come on till the second the go off she is clawing and going crazy not to mention she wont eat at all....ive tried her dig box but she does the same there........I'm pretty sure this is all due to hormones but please for the love of God will it stop, when will I have my baby back? she's about 2 years old this was her first brumation and she was never like this before brumation....please help
Please get her out of her tank for 2 hrs then see if she calms down

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
In the wild they mate after brumating, she is probably desperate to find a boyfriend lol. It should pass before to long.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Mine usually does the same thing post brumation (after she gets past her couple of weeks of snapping back into the world) … she gets all wild child like your describing. She hasn’t acted that way after each and every years burmation - but most of them, if that’s any consolation. Not sure, but it’s definitely a thing! Like she will just start marching around the enclosure and restless and all over the place like “ahhhhhh see me hear me ahhhhh” for a while before she levels out - just seems to have to run it’s course with her … but I def feel you on this one! 🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
OMG if the female is like this...is Rocky going to hump (forgive me everyone) everything in sight?
I have heard about this behavior and understand that we have to let this pass.
While I am hoping I have another year before I have to experience this, I like the idea of letting her out for 2 hours.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The only time i ever saw Zen try to get it on with an inanimate object (i should have just said hump lmao) was he would go after the dogs toys. It was friggen hilarious. He was picky though just the ducks and weasels that where shaped more like a dragon, he ignored the hedge hogs and sheep toys.

zackcoghlin1

Original Poster
thanks everyone for reminding me its normal, for males it's more headbobbing I think she dosent do that or anything close to it just runs around and surfs and isn't eating much.....today checked and she ate her whole salad for the first time in months then had some dubia so I feel better. ....to the guy who said get her out of her tank for 2 hours....she's usually out of the tank for more like a total of 4 to 6 hours a day. she likes to climb over to the bed climb the stack of pillows and lay there staring at the room being the tallest thing there for half the day...or climb on to me and hang there climbing up my shoulders or the back of the couch....we put her back in she basks but once she warms up she's like screw it and goes crazy again jumping off her mountain climbing everything glass surfing untill we take her out and let her run around.... hopefully she will be back to being our lazy potatoe soon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom