Possibly new owner, but I have some problems. I need help.

Reptile_lover

Original Poster
So I might be getting a bearded dragon soon, but I'm also moving across country. It's going to be a 2 week trip, and we're going to be mostly camping, but staying in hotels occasionally. Should I get a bearded dragon and risk this move, or should I wait until after I've moved to get one?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I might be getting a bearded dragon soon, but I'm also moving across country. It's going to be a 2 week trip, and we're going to be mostly camping, but staying in hotels occasionally. Should I get a bearded dragon and risk this move, or should I wait until after I've moved to get one?
I personally would wait

KarmaMoon

Beardie name(s)
Nova
Driving for two weeks you will not be able to provide the correct uvb or heat grade. I would wait, maybe you can start pre shopping. filling your Amazon cart with what you need.

2hx2d4L pvc front face open enclosure
T5 10.0 or 14% uvb light
Basking light
Hide, dubia non excape food dish. Containers to hold your bugs (snap lock small tub. Do t want it to fall and they escape :)Maybe drift wood to climb on.
Temperature and humidity thermometer.
Timer for your uvb & basking light
A crematic bulb and fixture with a automatic on and off temp controlled device.
And the fun stuff decorations.
Bee pollen to sprinkle your veg
Vitamins to sprinkle your bugs

Then if you have not picked what kind or type of Dragon you want. Have fun and look. Decide. You want a normal or some special morph and color.

Oh also do research about where you are moving. See if there are any Exotic pet stores that sale Live food (dubia, crickets, ect……)
Decide if you want to breed dubias for food.
Buying them cost more than if you breed your own food. My local store Sales them for $.35 each. I would get 100 a week so $35 just in bugs a week to feed my girl not on top of cost for vegetables. So I have decided to try and make my own Dubia colony. If I succeed feeding my girl in maybe 2-4 months will go down to $35ish a month total instead of a estimated $150ish a month

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom