Possibly accidentally hurt dragon, what do i do.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also, had a friend recommend trying to blunt down a sewing needle, and making sure its dull and not sharp in the slighest, and softly rub it against the pores, is that a good or bad idea? My previous dragon didn't really have any issues with his pores, so I'm new to trying to deal with pores in specific.
Bad idea

Inkticious

Original Poster
Try the coconut oil that will soften the pores
Don't have any. Would store-brand neosporen work?
This is the store-brand stuff I got.
20230122_015746.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Personally I think the pores look perfectly normal. There is no need whatsoever to try & tweeze them
out, etc. In the wild, they rub them down on the ground or rocks but they are hormonal, pheremonal
waxy build up & it is normal for it to be like that. The pores are supposed to be there & the color of the
build up can change at different times of the year depending on their hormone levels.
If they get too long or hard you can use coconut oil as Karrie suggested, if needed.

Tracie

Inkticious

Original Poster
Hello,

Personally I think the pores look perfectly normal. There is no need whatsoever to try & tweeze them
out, etc. In the wild, they rub them down on the ground or rocks but they are hormonal, pheremonal
waxy build up & it is normal for it to be like that. The pores are supposed to be there & the color of the
build up can change at different times of the year depending on their hormone levels.
If they get too long or hard you can use coconut oil as Karrie suggested, if needed.

Tracie
Thank you, I'll likely just give her baths more often once the weather warms up, and try to get some coconut oil when I can. Thank you and thank you to everyone else to commented and gave advice. Her one pore which was pinkish around the scales in the photos seems to be healing.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's more habitat decor and the beardies size i think, rather than age. Beardies maturing has more to do with their physical size than age, so likewise hormonal levels would follow suit. Also if they have something they can rub on in their habitats they will keep them in check their selves.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those pores are fine for the most part. Raw honey would be soothing and healing.
BTW, that not a female, it's a male dragon. Only males get those bog femoral pores.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That was why i asked also, I've only ever saw pores that big on a male.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So the pores are looking better now? I am glad to hear they are healing up. They should
fill back in soon, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Tracie

Inkticious

Original Poster
They are filled in, they look already, some of their pores are definetly being stretched a bit and look a lil painful, so I'm gonna try to help with those. There are also some loose pore secretions so trying to also help with those, making sure to be slow, gentle, and not force em out. Trying to give them time to relax. They also are getting ready to start shedding.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great they are healing up now.
Don't worry about the pores filling back
in & turning dark, that is very normal.
It is normal for them to be filled in, so I
would just leave them to heal up.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom