Possibly accidentally hurt dragon, what do i do.

Inkticious

I SCREWED UP, i feel so bad my poor baby, i was trying to get their pores unclogged and I heard them wheeze softly, I instantly stopped and looked closely at the pore I was trying clean. It's pinkish around the pore, I think I screwed up bad. I instantly started craddling her while running to go get store brand neosporen on her pores, I'm scared. I don't wanna hurt my baby. I should've been more careful and should've just not tried to get them out. My poor baby oh god what do i do?

Inkticious

Original Poster
Image of her pores.
Oh god oh god oh god.
20230122_015832.jpg

Inkticious

Original Poster
Hopefully these are able to help as well.
20230122_021919.jpg

20230122_021737.jpg

Attachments

• 20230122_021741.jpg
    20230122_021741.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20230122_021730.jpg
    20230122_021730.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230122_021712.jpg
    20230122_021712.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 53

Inkticious

Original Poster
I think her scale might of gotten slightly detatched from her skin, there, if i leave her pores alone and let her legs alone, will it heal so long as i keep a close eye on it.

Inkticious

Original Poster
Gonna be 100% honest. I feel like a terrible mother and like a failure, I love my lil snuggle-wugggles to pieces but, I'm so scared of hurting her. I don't wanna lose her. Hell I don't want a single ounce of pain to happen to her. I just wanted to help her, and I ended up probably ruining her life. I'm so scared.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Gonna be 100% honest. I feel like a terrible mother and like a failure, I love my lil snuggle-wugggles to pieces but, I'm so scared of hurting her. I don't wanna lose her. Hell I don't want a single ounce of pain to happen to her. I just wanted to help her, and I ended up probably ruining her life. I'm so scared.
The pores look fine -- no blood - you can get some coconut oil on them use a soft baby toothbrush and that will soften them up - good stones for them to rub on will keep the pores down -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Don't try to squeeze them, do like Karrieree said and put coconut oil on them, and give a good piece of stone to rub on, also that is a male dragon 🐉 I'll attach a pic on how to tell. For stone sandstone, limestone, basalt, granite, slate, ect all work. Just make sure it doesn't have sharp edges that could injure him. If you pick it up outside make sure to sanitize it first.

Attachments

• s2OIALbl.jpg
    s2OIALbl.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 53

Inkticious

Original Poster
Don't try to squeeze them, do like Karrieree said and put coconut oil on them, and give a good piece of stone to rub on, also that is a male dragon 🐉 I'll attach a pic on how to tell. For stone sandstone, limestone, basalt, granite, slate, ect all work. Just make sure it doesn't have sharp edges that could injure him. If you pick it up outside make sure to sanitize it first.
I know how to tell, but she is definitely female. She had x-rays and I've checked her tail multiple times there are no bumps indicating she is male.

Inkticious

Original Poster
Thanks for the help and advice btw y'all, it's much appreciated. She's family to me, she's my lil baby. I wanna give her the best life I can.

Inkticious

Original Poster
Also, had a friend recommend trying to blunt down a sewing needle, and making sure its dull and not sharp in the slighest, and softly rub it against the pores, is that a good or bad idea? My previous dragon didn't really have any issues with his pores, so I'm new to trying to deal with pores in specific.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom