Possible Yellow Fungus?

Tkschnapp

Hello everyone,
My kiwi is currently almost done with a deep full body shed. She is a hypo zero, 1.5 years old.
I've had many bearded dragons in the past, her husbandry is on point.
Arcadia 12% uvb mounted on inside of tank. Hot spot of 100°, cool side in the low 80s. She's a very active dragon, eats great, poops great. Her enclosure is kept immaculate, all poop is removed within an hour, I do weekly cleanings and then every couple weeks a deep clean of disinfecting everything in the tank.
After giving her a bath today I noticed some yellow discoloration on some of her scales on the belly. I've seen variations of these pop up on her before but they'd always go away after a shed, she's a zero so her shed always turns a light yellow before shed. But what I see today concerns me as it's not just one single scale effected it looks like pattern and some blotches of yellow.
Is there anyone that can look at the pics and tell me if I should be concerned and take her to the vet? I included pics of her enclosure, you cant see the uvb because its mounted under the screen. You can see that her right shoulder and tail are close to finishing with the deep shed which has a yellowish tint to it, which is why i wasnt concerned at first. How quickly does yellow fungus spread, I was thinking about monitoring her for a couple weeks to see if the discoloration goes away or gets worse but I know with yellow fungus early treatment can be crucial. Am I being overly paranoid or should I take her to the vet? Thanks for reading all this, hopefully I can get some opinions, thanks!

Attachments

• 20220716_141822.jpg
    20220716_141822.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220716_141727.jpg
    20220716_141727.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20220716_145538.jpg
    20220716_145538.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Tkschnapp

Original Poster
Thanks for your input Brandon. I was leaning that way too. Any idea what could cause that yellow discoloration? Just natural color from her shedding perhaps? Her tank doesn't really have anything in it that could cause those color stains. Thanks again!

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Thanks for your input Brandon. I was leaning that way too. Any idea what could cause that yellow discoloration? Just natural color from her shedding perhaps? Her tank doesn't really have anything in it that could cause those color stains. Thanks again!
It's completely normal for beardies to have variations in scale coloring. It could be anything from some old shed to natural color gained after a shed.

Tkschnapp

Original Poster
Thanks lobretto for the input. As long as it's not yellow fungus that's all I care about. Much appreciated for putting my racing mind at ease.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, definitely is not Yellow fungus, thankfully.
A lot of them do develop a nice yellow pigmentation on their tummies, beards & face area. It is
definitely beautiful.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom