Possible tail rot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this is start of tail rot or not almost like the tip of his tail is gone, I will attach a pic
98DD13D6-E435-4D14-93B1-A06B1A83B6D6.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It could be. That part might just fall off but there could be an infection creeping up under the scales. You can soak it in a betadine water mix and apply Neosporin but if it travels up even slightly you will need a reptile vet to have a look. They might give it a quick snip to get the bad part off + stop spread of infection. If it comes to that it's not a big deal , amputation of such a small area of the tail doesn't affect the dragon much at all.

Josh957123

Original Poster
It could be. That part might just fall off but there could be an infection creeping up under the scales. You can soak it in a betadine water mix and apply Neosporin but if it travels up even slightly you will need a reptile vet to have a look. They might give it a quick snip to get the bad part off + stop spread of infection. If it comes to that it's not a big deal , amputation of such a small area of the tail doesn't affect the dragon much at all.
Okay thank you for the advice and also he just had a stool that looked like this which I think may indicate and infection of some sort ?
1FFC1195-FECC-49EC-9A27-9C21B1619578.jpeg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not necessarily, there can be quite a bit of variation in what their poo looks like. Even if it looks " textbook " they can have parasites so unless there are other indicators like weight loss + lack of appetite and a clear pattern of off looking poo's then I wouldn't worry.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes their poop can look messy like that from temporary digestion issues and it's nothing to worry about. If it continues like that for several weeks, it's probably worth having a vet check a sample for parasites and treat as needed. As long as there is no weight loss or lack of appetite as mentioned, it's not likely something to worry about much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom