Possible tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

titothadragon

229715D9-5AF0-4174-9CF2-6288B80ACBB1.jpeg
77EB9B31-FD1A-4577-B273-596E633EAB27.jpg
Hi! I noticed last night that my beardie had been sliging his tail around while in his enclosure. I saw that there was a small piece of shed left so I figured maybe thats what it was. I gave him a bath to help get the remaining shed off but he continued to sling his tail. I also noticed his tail is a little darker than normal. I know that his tail is usually darker due to temperature, but it has been this way even in his enclosure. The shed that came off of his tail also had small dark spots on it. I have never seen this before. Could this be possible tail rot or is it nothing to worry about? (He has also always had the small crease on his tail since he was a baby so don't pay attention to that part.)

Attachments

• IMG_9998.mp4
    1.5 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 65934 View attachment 65935 Hi! I noticed last night that my beardie had been sliging his tail around while in his enclosure. I saw that there was a small piece of shed left so I figured maybe thats what it was. I gave him a bath to help get the remaining shed off but he continued to sling his tail. I also noticed his tail is a little darker than normal. I know that his tail is usually darker due to temperature, but it has been this way even in his enclosure. The shed that came off of his tail also had small dark spots on it. I have never seen this before. Could this be possible tail rot or is it nothing to worry about? (He has also always had the small crease on his tail since he was a baby so don't pay attention to that part.)
Darker as in black? We need AHBD to take a look--
@AHBD

titothadragon

Original Poster
Darker as in black? We need AHBD to take a look--
@AHBD
not really black, just a gray color. it looks like it would if i have him out of his cage for awhile and he gets cold, but it stays this color even under his heat lamps. I'm not sure if his color is just changing, as he has just finished shedding, or if it is something else.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
not really black, just a gray color. it looks like it would if i have him out of his cage for awhile and he gets cold, but it stays this color even under his heat lamps. I'm not sure if his color is just changing, as he has just finished shedding, or if it is something else.
Ok we will have AHBD look she can advise but it sounds like it could be going into shed again --- is there any nips on the end or pinches?

titothadragon

Original Poster
Not any new ones, no. He has a small indent close to the tip of his tail, but he has had it since he was a baby. There have never been any issues with it. We believe that he got is from another beardie that he was being kept with before we got him.
Ok we will have AHBD look she can advise but it sounds like it could be going into shed again --- is there any nips on the end or pinches?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I see there's a nick about an inch up on the tail, you can apply Neosporin to it and keep an eye on it, t should be fine and may even fall off but if it begins to look worse you may need to have it checked by a vet.

titothadragon

Original Poster
I see there's a nick about an inch up on the tail, you can apply Neosporin to it and keep an eye on it, t should be fine and may even fall off but if it begins to look worse you may need to have it checked by a vet.
Hi! He has had that since he was a baby. We believe he got it from another beardie that he was being kept with before we got him. It doesn't ever bother him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom