Possible mouth rot or MBD help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They didn't have a 14 that wasn't like 100dollars which I didn't have to spend so I got a 10, and I'm keeping another smaller tube for good measure it's a newer t8
Ok so I am not sure what a 10 is please post a pic of the box

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-220953.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-220953.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 65

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
So I have been giving him the repta-boost for a few days now, and it gives him energy after eating it but he still is not eating. I ran out of crickets and my pet store is closed this weekend, but I'll get him some more when I can. The oy thing he'll eat is a few crickets, and I put his salads in every day but still nothing. He hasn't gotten worse but he's still not getting much better. If anyone can give me an estimate on vet costs that would be great even if it's a wide one. Here's some updated pics of him, and pic of the boost. Sorry they are all kinda blurry

Attachments

• IMG_20220416_102103462.jpg
    IMG_20220416_102103462.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20220416_101920885.jpg
    IMG_20220416_101920885.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20220416_101546643.jpg
    IMG_20220416_101546643.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20220416_101511924_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220416_101511924_HDR.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 57

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So I have been giving him the repta-boost for a few days now, and it gives him energy after eating it but he still is not eating. I ran out of crickets and my pet store is closed this weekend, but I'll get him some more when I can. The oy thing he'll eat is a few crickets, and I put his salads in every day but still nothing. He hasn't gotten worse but he's still not getting much better. If anyone can give me an estimate on vet costs that would be great even if it's a wide one. Here's some updated pics of him, and pic of the boost. Sorry they are all kinda blurry
Ok so did you get your lighting all corrected w/ your surface basking temps- we need to get this completely ruled out for cause- I went back and had to read the post -- I am assuming all the lighting is good now so it can be ruled out--- you are taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer correct? you want surface basking temps-- can you post a pic of the whole tank set up please -- how is his poop? is it normal when he does poop like formed moist dark and the urate formed moist and white? the smell it it really bad you can smell out of the room? this could be parasites - you might want to consider a parasite test BUT you need to take a sample in NO enemas please they often end in disaster--- did you use the website I gave you? Vets are different priced every where --- office visit where I live w/ a reptile vet is $74 - fecals are $35 - and then other cost are all different - you can always call and get quotes and I would try and find a reptile vet

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
Ok so did you get your lighting all corrected w/ your surface basking temps- we need to get this completely ruled out for cause- I went back and had to read the post -- I am assuming all the lighting is good now so it can be ruled out--- you are taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer correct? you want surface basking temps-- can you post a pic of the whole tank set up please -- how is his poop? is it normal when he does poop like formed moist dark and the urate formed moist and white? the smell it it really bad you can smell out of the room? this could be parasites - you might want to consider a parasite test BUT you need to take a sample in NO enemas please they often end in disaster--- did you use the website I gave you? Vets are different priced every where --- office visit where I live w/ a reptile vet is $74 - fecals are $35 - and then other cost are all different - you can always call and get quotes and I would try and find a reptile vet
Yes temps are reading 98-102 thrughought the day and around 95 at night while he sleeps. Temp is taken with a probe. I looked at the website and mist vets are 45 min to an hour away so how would it be best to transport him? Would parasites cause the swelling and mucus? He pooped 2 days ago when I gave him a bath which is what he normally does. It looked normal with a dark part and the white portion it did smell but not super strong.

Attachments

• 16501245638216115157044765847070.jpg
    16501245638216115157044765847070.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 16501246355498568254345498303055.jpg
    16501246355498568254345498303055.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 66

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes temps are reading 98-102 thrughought the day and around 95 at night while he sleeps. Temp is taken with a probe. I looked at the website and mist vets are 45 min to an hour away so how would it be best to transport him? Would parasites cause the swelling and mucus? He pooped 2 days ago when I gave him a bath which is what he normally does. It looked normal with a dark part and the white portion it did smell but not super strong.
95 is too high at night if the dragon is sick please have the temps around 80 -- ambient please --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I can reduce the temps I just wasn't sure if they needed to be warmer with him sick
No higher than 80 at night --- basking I dont know what he likes for temps maybe increase a little if you can if he doesnt stay long drop it to what it was -

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
No higher than 80 at night --- basking I dont know what he likes for temps maybe increase a little if you can if he doesnt stay long drop it to what it was -
I raised it to around 104 and he left to go to his cooler side earlier today, I'll probably leave it around 100-102 for him. I called the vet today and they can get him in next Saturday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I raised it to around 104 and he left to go to his cooler side earlier today, I'll probably leave it around 100-102 for him. I called the vet today and they can get him in next Saturday.
Ok please no enemas-- take a fecal in -- they can end in disaster

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
Ok please no enemas-- take a fecal in -- they can end in disaster
What is an enema, and how can I get a sample if he only goes in his baths. Is it okay to take it from the water? It normally breaks up really easily in the water. I have to call the vet again later so I can also ask if they need me to bring a sample or what.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
What is an enema, and how can I get a sample if he only goes in his baths. Is it okay to take it from the water? It normally breaks up really easily in the water. I have to call the vet again later so I can also ask if they need me to bring a sample or what.
Yes take one in feed him some canned plain pumpkin w/ some honey in it a drop or so to make him go and hopefully he will go in his tank-- they stick something up their butt and since thing are tight in there they can cause damage and paralize them

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
What is an enema, and how can I get a sample if he only goes in his baths. Is it okay to take it from the water? It normally breaks up really easily in the water.

Yes take one in feed him some canned plain pumpkin w/ some honey in it a drop or so to make him go and hopefully he will go in his tank-- they stick something up their butt and since thing are tight in there they can cause damage and paralize them
What do I do if he won't eat the pumpkin

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom