Possible mouth rot or MBD help

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
You can try that -- please start dusting the insects -- you know hes going to eat those -- for a adult dragon he should be fed insects 2-3 times per week -- I would dust the insects w/ calcium D3 now -- how long has it been since the T 8 bulb was changed out?
Around 5 months maybe

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Around 5 months maybe
Time to change it or wait till the new T 5 comes in or has it come in? I am thinking he is developing MBD w/ the twitches -- and yes you can give liquid vitamin D 3-- i dont use it so I am not sure what the dosage would be -- Drache613 or AHBD can maybe help w/ that -
@AHBD
@Drache613

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
Time to change it or wait till the new T 5 comes in or has it come in? I am thinking he is developing MBD w/ the twitches -- and yes you can give liquid vitamin D 3-- i dont use it so I am not sure what the dosage would be -- Drache613 or AHBD can maybe help w/ that -
@AHBD
@Drache613
The new light will get here Wednesday

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a beautiful tank you set up for him, lots of space and climbing areas so great job on the decor. Just be 100 % sure that the temps. are like I mentioned, about 100 in the basking area with descending temp. as you go further away from the heat bulbs, 90, then about 80 at the coolest part. As for liquid calcium it may be useful or he may be fine without it. Drache613 sells it.

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
So update on the twitching... I have not seen him twitch since after mentioning it before. I am thinking it may have been from the honey because I have not applied it since because he kept trying to wipe it off on things.

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
New light and heating is set up! I have two spots sitting right around 100 and the UVB is set at a safe distance. However he has not gotten any better and is still not eating I gave hime one dose of the reptiboost, and will give him another today. He doesn't seem to be getting worse his tank temps have been warmer for the past few days. Any other ideas on what to do, I want to take him to the vet but not sure I can afford it so does anyone know an estimate on a price.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
New light and heating is set up! I have two spots sitting right around 100 and the UVB is set at a safe distance. However he has not gotten any better and is still not eating I gave hime one dose of the reptiboost, and will give him another today. He doesn't seem to be getting worse his tank temps have been warmer for the past few days. Any other ideas on what to do, I want to take him to the vet but not sure I can afford it so does anyone know an estimate on a price.
What is the distance of the uvb and the bulb your using? Depending on the screen will determine the placement and distance- vets are priced differently-

Mahi_man

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mahi
What is the distance of the uvb and the bulb your using? Depending on the screen will determine the placement and distance- vets are priced differently-
It's inside the screen right now about 15-18 inches from his basking area(it's a curvy branch and he has other areas next to the basking that are closer tank is just not very wide) it's a reptisun T5HO. If anyone knows it the vet would be a VCA

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's inside the screen right now about 15-18 inches from his basking area, it's a reptisun T5HO. If anyone knows it the vet would be a VCA
I have a website www.arav.org
If you live in a small town/ area type in a bigger cities zip code close to you- I would drop the distance to 12-15 inches- how old is the uvb bulb?

Donah

I have had my beardie for a couple of years now but I am very worried about him. To be fully honest I have been neglecting him slightly, but still trying to feed him his greens with his vitamins and his bugs, but he just hasn't been eating. He is almost three now. I feel bad for doing this to him and tried to rehome him but I could not find any safe home. He still poops on a regular basis but will not eat his greens or any other food besides live insects. I feed him a mix of greens including kale, collards, and turnips with some fruits but recently I haven't given him them every day. Either way, even when I do put them in there he rarely eats them. It has been cold and thought maybe he was in semi brumation or something but it is now reaching the 70s, and 80s and his tank temps are in the mid-90s and up. One of his UVB lights went out recently ( I had two for good measure) but his other was fine. I was given the second one with his new tank which was also used for a beardie and figured he would do fine with that one and would be okay until I had the time/money to get a better one. However I am worried that he was not getting enough UVB I am ordering a new good one, but it won't be here for another week. I took him out of his tank today to let him roam and realized that one side of his mouth seemed to be swollen and when he breathed it would flare. I know I messed u but I need advice, no judgment, please. I did not prepare myself enough for this commitment and I understand that now, but I am trying my best.
My uvb went out and it was a week before I got a new one. It was warm enough. I took him outside for about 15 minutes a couple times a day, everyday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My uvb went out and it was a week before I got a new one. It was warm enough. I took him outside for about 15 minutes a couple times a day, everyday.
What bulb did you get? this bulb is very strong so you want the correct distance for him

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom