possible MDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomm18

I’ve noticed over the last few months my dragon has been lethargic I initially put it down to brumation however in the last week I have noticed a few muscle spasms in his legs and seen his fingers tremble a few times though this doesn’t happen very often I now suspect it may be metabolic bone disease.
He has an arcadia T5 10.0 uvb and receives calcium 4 times per week, and repashy calcium plus LoD, however he hasn’t been eating as much recently so it’s possible that he hasn’t been getting enough calcium.
I’m taking him to the vets tomorrow but was wondering how they test for this and if there is anything specific I should mention?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Review your setup and diet with them - though they should ask.

Diagnostics would probably start with a physical exam and the vet would make a list of other things they would like to do; like x-rays and potentially blood work as well.

tomm18

Original Poster
Couldn't get an appointment yesterday so took him in this morning, they are keeping him in overnight to do blood tests and I should get the results in the morning.

tomm18

Original Poster
Got him back home, the test results show calcium levels just below normal but only marginally, and his liver and kidneys are OK. So for the moment his symptoms are a bit of a mystery. I am adding an extra day calcium and have changed his UVB, thought its only four months old, and am varying his diet a little more.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
tomm18":2ywxggjm said:
Got him back home, the test results show calcium levels just below normal but only marginally, and his liver and kidneys are OK. So for the moment his symptoms are a bit of a mystery. I am adding an extra day calcium and have changed his UVB, thought its only four months old, and am varying his diet a little more.

All are great steps! Please keep us noted as to any changes, I hope they all to be of a positive nature. :D It is also great to hear the good results of the blood work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom