Possible health problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Recently I have noticed that Nova seems to have some sort of swelling in his hips. Also lately his apatite has gone down and he hasn't pooped as often.
This morning I took a couple photos of the swelling and the one side seems to have almost disappeared.
DSC00628.JPG

DSC00629.JPG

So yeah, it doesn't seem to hurt him when touched or pressed....
Also I just put in a new uv light tube yesterday.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Recently I have noticed that Nova seems to have some sort of swelling in his hips. Also lately his apatite has gone down and he hasn't pooped as often.
This morning I took a couple photos of the swelling and the one side seems to have almost disappeared.
View attachment 65650

View attachment 65651
So yeah, it doesn't seem to hurt him when touched or pressed....
Also I just put in a new uv light tube yesterday.
What brand and the bulb ? Where is it in the tank distance from basking decor?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Is it in the tank and there should be no clear plastic cover over the bulb-- if it's the Zilla bulb I would change it out to a reptisun 10.0 T 8 they are a way better bulb - also how old is the bulb - T 8's need to be changed out every 6 months I recommend 5 - are you feeding calcium?

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It mounted inside the tank and there is no cover over the light.
Ah, I'll see is I can order one. The zilla is the same brand and type that I had in there since he was a tiny little guy, he's grown to 16 and a half inches now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It mounted inside the tank and there is no cover over the light.
Ah, I'll see is I can order one. The zilla is the same brand and type that I had in there since he was a tiny little guy, he's grown to 16 and a half inches now.
So you have never changed the bulb out? If so he is / has developed MBD --- please get it replaced ASAP--- I would look at upgrading the fixture to a 24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun T5 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech this comes w/ a bulb these would need to be changed out in one year I recommend a month prior to --- if you need websites please ask I can post some --- these would be for a 40+ gallon tank w/ a height of at least 18"

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So you have never changed the bulb out? If so he is / has developed MBD --- please get it replaced ASAP--- I would look at upgrading the fixture to a 24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun T5 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech this comes w/ a bulb these would need to be changed out in one year I recommend a month prior to --- if you need websites please ask I can post some --- these would be for a 40+ gallon tank w/ a height of at least 18"
Oh, what I meant is that the new tube I installed the other day is the same kind I had before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, I'm going to look into getting the reptisun and longer fixture.
I wonder if the colder weather is affecting Nova? He only ate a few of his bsfl today.
Yes they will eat less in winter -- has Nova ever brumated before? I want AHBD to look at him can you post some more pics of the tank etc and of him so we can get a better idea of what is going on here --- we have lost 2 dragons today one here and on another forum and its been a rough day -- :(

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Nova hasn't brumated before, he's actually about seven months old.
Sorry to hear about the other dragons....
Here are a couple more photo's.
DSC00630.JPG

DSC00631.JPG

I know it's not much of a set up, but its the best I can do...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom