SarahNancy13

Beardie name(s)
Ember
Hello! I have already gotten some great input for taking care of little Ember here and am so grateful for it! I’m asking if you can help calm some worries once again.

I was taking some pictures of little ember basking and noticed that he has what looks like hardened gums and dirt between his teeth. I did research on it and have been cleaning lightly with a q-tip and water once every few days but food still builds up there. I ordered some maxiguard gel as well. I’m just worried it could be hurting him? I attached a picture here for reference. Any ideas on what to do to help? Thank you!

Attachments

• 38950DE0-C703-4488-88CA-69CDEB7C3581.jpeg
    38950DE0-C703-4488-88CA-69CDEB7C3581.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 86

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! I have already gotten some great input for taking care of little Ember here and am so grateful for it! I’m asking if you can help calm some worries once again.

I was taking some pictures of little ember basking and noticed that he has what looks like hardened gums and dirt between his teeth. I did research on it and have been cleaning lightly with a q-tip and water once every few days but food still builds up there. I ordered some maxiguard gel as well. I’m just worried it could be hurting him? I attached a picture here for reference. Any ideas on what to do to help? Thank you!
Are you feeding dubia roaches? To me the gums look good -- lets have CooperDragon take a look
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That buildup is pretty normal. As mentioned, offering some hard shelled bugs like roaches, superworms, or buffalo beetles can help them clear that a bit using the abrasion from chewing the shells. Otherwise, clearing it with a qtip should help. The Maxiguard is a good cleanser that should help keep his teeth and gums clean.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom