Possible Gastric Neuroendocrine Carcinoma -- Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Paco doing today?
I can completely understand about not doing the ultrasound. They are very expensive.
I am hoping that it is something else & not cancer. Vets can be wrong.
It definitely takes patience when syringe feeding! Do you get food all over his face also?
They sure can be funny about it, too. How much of it does he actually take for you?

I hope he is doing better & let us know how things are going.

Tracie

jmang

Original Poster
He's actually starting to seem a little better. Less lethargic. I'm wondering if that's from feeding him and actually getting some nutrients in him.

Apparently I also missed a voice message from the vet the other day, but I spoke to her yesterday. She called to tell me his CBC results came back and his white blood cell count is high. I'm bringing him there this morning to get antibiotics. It's the kind that has to be injected so that should be fun. He's really going to hate me now!

As for the feeding, I actually figured out a good way to do it! Yesterday I wrapped him in a towel, like a tight swaddle, and that worked to keep him from thrashing or jumping off me. He actually got the full contents of the syringe. Before that, yeah, it'd end up all over his face or even me. The other day he shook his head away just as I was pressing the plunger down and I squirted the food all over my shirt, haha.

Well, wish us luck at the vet!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is some good news he seems to be feeling better right now, what a trooper.
If he is getting food into him & he is actually holding it down then he would definitely
feel better! He hasn't thrown up anymore lately?
He wont like the antibiotic injections really. Which antibiotic is he on & how frequently
will he have to take them?
I can relate to getting food all over my clothes! Mine aren't sick, but weekly, I give them
a full syringe of vitamins, other supplements, greens' blend, etc. It is a mess! LOL That
is a great idea to wrap him up like that, poor baby!
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

jmang

Original Poster
We made out okay at the vet, although he hated the injection and actually ended up bending the needle because he started thrashing around. Luckily that happened right after he got all of the medicine. Today is the first day I'll be giving it to him myself. I don't remember which antibiotic it is, but I know I have to give him .09 ml every 48 hours and it must be stored in the freezer. I plan on giving it to him after work today and am really dreading it.

He hasn't thrown up again but he did have diarrhea in his carrier on the way home from the vet. Poor guy ended up getting it all over himself. Made for a not-so-pleasant car ride.

I've been thinking about getting those crop needles. I actually saw your original post about it, kingofnobbys, which is very helpful! Thanks for the suggestion.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used that swaddle method to offer meds sometimes too. I found that allowed me to hold them with one hand and use my thumb to (using a bit of friction) slide the beard down toward the belly and open his mouth. It won't make you any more popular but from what I saw no grudges were held.

jmang

Original Poster
Hi everyone

Paco passed away a little while ago. I feel so awful. He took his last breath as I was picking him up out of his tank. I knew this was coming but it's still so hard. I hate that he had to suffer so much. I'm relieved that he doesn't have to suffer anymore, but I wish he was still here with me.

Thanks for all of your advice here. Make sure to hug your dragons extra tight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry....it's so painful when a beloved pet suffers , we suffer along with them. We always hate this final goodbye, and my heart goes out to you + your family. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so very sorry Paco lost his battle, I know it is so heart breaking & painful to lose a precious dragon. :cry: At least he was not alone & he was with you at the end. They are never really
gone though, as you hold them in your heart, forever & their spirit is always with you.
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you & your family find comfort.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2butlerbeardies
Top Bottom